Gretings from Marcin (Świdnica Poland)

Marcin

Hello all,
My name is Marcin (Martin), i come from a small town of Swidnica in Poland. I am forty-one years old. Swidnica is a city in which the most famous pilot of the First World War was raised, Manfred Rihthofen "Red Baron". I live shortly from his home. I've been modeling myself forever because my dad built models when I was little, and then I did them with him. I belong to the oldest modeling club in Poland, IPMS Swidnica, established in 1982. I deal with modeling, mainly aviation. The planes of the "Red Baron" do not interest me completely, that is why I built the model of his Foker Dr1 airplane. I am most passionate about the history of American air races and I am building models of aviation "golden age" racing aircraft. I signed up for your forum to sometimes get help in looking for photos and information about American racing aircraft. In Poland, it is very difficult because we do not have this subject in people. I have contact with a man with similar interests from Sweden and Germany. I am now looking for support at the source or in America. I bought a few books about the aviation history I am interested in. Based on them when building models and what I can find on the internet. Here are my current models of racing aircraft (scale 1/32):

37f4ce550873d2c8.jpg

b49ee642b0727222.jpg

60d9e0c49938788c.jpg

f38b35dafe7cfa64.jpg

Now I'm working on a new model it will be a Keith Rider R-6 “Eight ball”. I build the model from scratch, but I miss chassis photos and cabin equipment. maybe you can help me, maybe you have some pictures or drawings. The plane has survived to our times in the museum, unfortunately I do not know any person who could take pictures of these elements, and the museum is reluctant. Workshop link:

https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/76856-keith-rider-r-6-eight-ball-1938-132-scale-scratch/&page=1

Best regards Marcin

Edited by Marcin

IPMS has groups within the organization that share information about specific topics, such as Helicopters, or small ships, or other topics. They are called SIGs, Special Interest Groups.  While IPMS/USA does not have  a group devoted to air racing, IPMS/UK does. While not limited to US air racing, they might be able to put you in contact with some resources you can use. Visit them at https://ipmsuk.org/directory/racing-record-aircraft/ 

Of course you are always welcome here as well.

By the way, very nice models. 

Marcin, those are some sensational models with an incredible finish! I am most impressed with your outstanding work. I do hope you stay around and keep posting these. Also, I hope that as you work on your latest project that you will start a thread and post pics showing your progress.

Welcome to the Forums and good luck in your search for information.

Marcin,

I just checked out your link on the Large Scale Planes forum. All I can say is WOW!! That is taking scratchbuilding to a whole other level. Welcome to the forum and I hope you hang around. Definitely in a league of your own. 😀

Well done Marcin, and welcome aboard!

Mark

• 1 month later...