My Name is Mark Aldrich and yes.....

Mark Aldrich

And.......Very proud of it. I know I will NEVER finish ALL the kits I have amassed. I do however, have intentions of building all but my Aurora Prehistorics, Addar POAs, and MPC Pirates of the Caribbeans. My collection has been completely revamped since I decided to stick mostly with the Middle East Wars (1948-Present). I have very little German Armor (except for the Panzer IIIs and IVs (that Syria used). Most of it is Russian and American armor used by the warring factions. I started as a "help Dad build his models", got hooked on the Monogram 1/48 WWII stuff and fell in love with the Monogram Brumbar. Been hooked on armor ever since. I still love looking at aircraft, but that is about as far as it goes. I do plan of building a few Middle East Wars aircraft but not for awhile. I took my first step from being a model builder to being a collector back in 1982. A young private and his first paycheck. I believe I bought two of everything the Four Seasons (AAFES version of toyland) had in there for armor. Back in those days we actually had contracts with Testors and Tamiya. What a field day.

Young......not! Handsome......well, as long as my wife thinks so.....all is right in the world!

Good to know you Mark! I also want to build as much of the Middle East Wars stuff as I can get too. Mine will all be in 1/72 scale though. I've been wanting to build all the Syrian PzIII and IV's, Jagdpanzer IV's and Hummels that they had as well. I have a sizable Egyptian and Israeli Army already built up, as well as a semi-respectably sized Iraqi Army.

Thanks for sharing Mark!

(be careful if Jack think's you're handsome)

Gil,

I dropped the Green Dragon after I became a moderator. I wanted people to know immediately who they were talking with if I sent an Official PM. Also, didn't want to give a wrong idea about the Green Dragons if I posted something that someone might find offensive.

Tim,

I know where Jack lives so as long as he has his ankle monitor on, I know where he is and feel safe.

Mark

Your enthusiasm is refreshing Mark, though your association with Jack makes everything a bit questionable... :smiley2: I really appreciate guys like you who build armor. I've just started doing a few in 1/48 and I'm lost! Still, I've enjoyed what I've built so far! Glad to have ya here and thanks for moderating too!

the "other" Gil :smiley16:

Gil (the other one),

Thanks for the compliment (I think). Knowing people is what makes this hobby so much fun and why I am slightly upset that I won't be making the Nats this year. However, wife and I are planning for next years already. Made a lot of new friends for getting involved more and stepped on a few toes too. Hopefully, I didn't crush any.

Mark,

Glad ta know ya. I've recently started working on my Middle East Wars armor stuff, too. Just finished an Israeli M50 in 1/72 (I build 1/72 almost exclusively). Wasn't aware the Syrians used Panzer IIIs. I knew they used Stug IIIs and IVs and Panzer IVs and Hummels and, well, etcetera. Looking forward to meeting you in person in Phoenix next year.

Steve

Steve,

Same here. The Panzer IIIs are mentioned only in reference. I have seen no photographic proof as of yet. But, then again, I have only seen two photographs of what are believed to be Syrian Hummels also. I actually started a SIG on the Middle East Wars and if you have photos of your M-50, I would love to post them!

Mark