Eric Aitala

From tested.com > Show and Tell: 2001 EVA Pod Model Kit!

Looks great!! Tho it's *way* too big for my ever shrinking shelf space in my model room.

As a sidebar, I think it's a little unfair to compare a 10 year old garage kit to a modern  styrene kit... 😉

I agree with Kevin, that is an unfair comparison. I also saw this test shot in person at the San Diego Comicon. Most impressive!

How about the even older Lunar Models solid resin kit in 1/35 scale?  Terrible!!!!!

Since I have already built the Lunar Models Bowman astronaut in 1/8 scale (with the monolith), I have a correctly scaled astronaut figure to go with the 1/8 scale pod.  I can display both on the lighted hotel room floor after Bowman has just stepped out after his ride through the light void.  Hang the cost; I will be getting one of these.

Ed

Ed, I can't wait to see that display done!

I wonder if we could send Adam Savage an IPMS membership?....  hehe...

E

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Eric Aitala said:

I wonder if we could send Adam Savage an IPMS membership?....  hehe...

E

I'm sure he would accept it. The org might even get a mention on his page or YT channel. 😉

21 hours ago, Eric Aitala said:

Oh yeah! Being partially disabled, and spending *way* too much time online, I saw this yesterday. As an occasional "not-so-good" scratch builder I appreciated the vid.  I think it's good he showed how easy it really is, but he made it look too easy. LOL 😉  I like the idea about the bottom cut out of a diet soda can.