The Duke's Ten Latest Models. Six Aircraft Here

Mark Deliduka

After all this time, I can finally show some finished models. These are all ten of the models I just finished:

Completed_Models_8-26-18.jpg

These are my completed aircraft finished up just yesterday, starting with my helicopters:

First up is my British Gazelle, an ancient 1/72 scale Airfix kit. After fighting me for awhile, I finally managed to finish this:

British_Gazelle_I.jpg

British_Gazelle_II.jpg

British_Gazelle_III.jpg

Next is my Special Hobby 1/72 scale AH-1G Marine Cobra from Vietnam. This was one tough build as it was so delicate everywhere! I finally got this finished:

US_Marine_AH-1G_Cobra_I.jpg

US_Marine_AH-1G_Cobra_II.jpg

US_Marine_AH-1G_Cobra_III.jpg

For my aircraft, my Italian Air Forces now has two new aircraft to add to their line up. First is the Italian Navy AV-8B Harrier in 1/72 scale by Hasegawa:

Italian_AV-8B_Harrier_I.jpg

Italian_AV-8B_Harrier_II.jpg

Italian_AV-8B_Harrier_III.jpg

Followed by an Italeri 1/72 scale Italian F-16 Fighting Falcon:

Italian_F-16_Fighting_Falcon_I.jpg

Italian_F-16_Fighting_Falcon_II.jpg

Italian_F-16_Fighting_Falcon_III.jpg

Finally, my US Navy now has two mew F-14 Tomcats on active duty. Both of these 1/72 scale aircraft came in the same box as a dual kit from Hasegawa. This first one is an F-14A Tomcat from the Jolly Rogers:

US_Navy_F14A_Tomcat_Jolly_Roger_I.jpeg

US_Navy_F14A_Tomcat_Jolly_Roger_II.jpeg

US_Navy_F14A_Tomcat_Jolly_Roger_III.jpeg

US_Navy_F14A_Tomcat_Jolly_Roger_IV.jpeg

Followed by the F-14B Tomcat, also from the Jolly Rogers:

US_Navy_F14B_Tomcat_Jolly_Roger_I.jpeg

US_Navy_F14B_Tomcat_Jolly_Roger_II.jpeg

US_Navy_F14B_Tomcat_Jolly_Roger_III.jpeg

US_Navy_F14B_Tomcat_Jolly_Roger_IV.jpeg

These are my latest aircraft. None of them are truly contest worthy, but I'm thrilled to have finished them up and I'm very pleased with the look of all of them. I also finished four armor models as seen above in the top pic. Feel free to go check them out as well.

Meanwhile, thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

• Like 1

Hey Mark,

All excellent in my book!! The Gazelle really looks like it wanted to fight you to the bitter end. WOW look at those raised rivets! 😉 Glad you won.  😉

Thanks Kevin! You are very correct; that Gazelle fought tooth and nail the whole time! I'm so thrilled to finally have it finished.

Thanks Gil! I might have another ten done in a month; we'll see.

Thanks Oleg! Your comment was in Cyrillic so I couldn't understand it, but I'm certain it was complimentary. LOL! I appreciate you looking in my friend!

13 hours ago, Mark Deliduka said:

(snip)

Thanks Oleg! Your comment was in Cyrillic so I couldn't understand it, but I'm certain it was complimentary. LOL! I appreciate you looking in my friend!

(whispering- Google translator)  Good collection. Congratulations!  😉

• 4 weeks later...

Great job on the lot of them Duke!  The two Tomcats look great.  I really like the TPS scheme on the Bombcat.

You are getting me geeked up to finish the one model that's fighting me.

Bill

Thanks William! You are most kind. I am glad these are helping you get motivated to work on yours. I also had a bit of a fight with these two, but I'm sure you'll get through it and finish yours. I would love to see it when you do.

Thanks Wayne. Yeah, helicopters can be delicate; especially the landing gear. I don't think I ever finished a helicopter without breaking the landing gear at least once, if not multiple times.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Hey nice work!  I've never built any of Hasegawa's 1/48 jets except their F-16D which I built in 1991..  I was impressed with the quality and fit but have not built any more of those kits. Well done Mark.

Thank you David! Wow, you went way back in time for this one! LOL! These models I did were in 1/72 scale, but I've heard the 1/48 scale ones were just as well fitting and such as the F-16 you built. It was great to get them finished.

1 hour ago, Mark Deliduka said:

Thank you David! Wow, you went way back in time for this one! LOL! These models I did were in 1/72 scale, but I've heard the 1/48 scale ones were just as well fitting and such as the F-16 you built. It was great to get them finished.

Oh!  I thought they were 1/48.  Very cool.  I do have many 1/72 Hasegawa jets, especially the F-14 but as yet have not built one.  Sigh.  Yeah I like scrolling through past posts and see what others have done.

No worries David. I've only built four 1/48 scale planes in my life: Monogram F-102 Delta Dagger, F-106 Delta Dart, Stearman biplane and a P-51 that everyone considered unrecoverable. 

The Dagger and Dart were presents for a good friend who was the project development manager for both  planes in the 50's and 60's. The Stearman was a review kit on another forums, and the P-51 was in our Distressed Kit Auction for four years running because nobody would bid on it since they all thought there was no way it could be built. They didn't even think it was worth parts! So it was given to me and I decided for fun to see what I could do with it. Most everyone agreed that I didn't really build it; I "resurrected" it!

The two F-14's were in a dual kit that I also did as a review. In that case, I did one with all the photo-etch that was included in the kit and the other without to show how they build either way. Also, the one was a -B model so I made it into a "Bombcat".

• Like 1