Phantom of The Opera

Roktman

Yet another kit that has been sitting, waiting for paint for a while now.  It's Lon Chaney Sr., as the Phantom of the Opera.  This is a four part kit - the bust and 3 pieces for the base. Silent Screen Icons also included sheets of miniature music to add to the base.
Diving right in, things start with some research and I found that Lon Chaney Sr. had both brown hair and eyes. Being that the film was in B&W, I'm free to paint the figure whatever I wanted, so I used the typical dark suit, ivory shirt, and the reddish tie. Base was painted like a dark dank sewer walls. The sheet music was provided and all I did was give it a wash with Citadel sepia. Thanks for looking. 

IMG_2831.thumb.jpg.d416e6a7504834550808fb7a5a2e2a5e.jpgIMG_2833.thumb.jpg.6ef0d2ab5ed225273960497d859423fa.jpgIMG_2835.thumb.jpg.1bcab151d1b37b018deec3fada18f3c6.jpg

Edited by Roktman

On 8/13/2018 at 7:41 AM, dmorrissette said:

Excellent. I love Saul's kits. I have them all except for the new one he announced for Jerseyfest

Dave

Thanks.

Agreed. Saul has some outstanding stuff. I picked up his Daenrys (or however she spells her name)at last years JF. But I'm on a mission to finish one of FPs Avatar helicopters that I was told is a real dog and stopped another modeler in his tracks. (The model does remind me of one I would have gotten in the early 90s). 😯

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2018 at 12:05 PM, Highlander said:

I'm not much for the garage kit genre, but you have done a  remarkable job with this.  Kudos.

I hear ya, it's not for everyone. Thanks for the kind words!