Candies & Hughes F/C

Matt, Awesome looking.

- What paint/colors did you use on the body?

- What paint/color did you use on the rims?

- Are you gonna plum it or leave it stock OOB?

- More pics please. LOTS more. (This is where I would have inserted one of those emoticon smilie face thingies with the hands clasped in front BEGGING, LOL).

Ken

The paint is Testors 1 coat laq.Deja blue with their clear.Tamiya semi gloss black.It's staying otb.I added more pic's at my photo bucket page.The link is in my sig. Thanks for the comments guy's. Matt

Very nice. Funny car and dragster kits are harder to come by these days, at least where I live, also looked at your photo bucket page. Thanks for sharing.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Matt -- NIce job on the Candies & Hughes, and all the rest. I took a look at your page...wow. The pictures bring back some serious memories, thank you. I started racing with my brother in the mid 70's at Cordova Dragway in Cordova, IL, and I remember many of those being there. I really love the one of "Jungle Jim" sitting on the line, with 'Jungle Pam' down on one knee looking under the car...man are those shorts short! Oh yea, I loved the 70's! :smiley20:

• 5 months later...
Matt -- NIce job on the Candies & Hughes, and all the rest. I took a look at your page...wow. The pictures bring back some serious memories, thank you. I started racing with my brother in the mid 70's at Cordova Dragway in Cordova, IL, and I remember many of those being there. I really love the one of "Jungle Jim" sitting on the line, with 'Jungle Pam' down on one knee looking under the car...man are those shorts short! Oh yea, I loved the 70's! :smiley20:

So Michael,

Do you go to Cordova any more? They have the World Series in August, and a NITRO-Nostaglia race in June. My friend and I drive over from Des Moines every chance we get.

Kevin Iutzeler

Kevin -- Technically, I haven't been to the dragstrip since '82 when I quit racing and started wearing Navy blue. I say 'technically' because I worked at the Exelon nuke plant in Cordova for four years, and drove past the dragstrip everyday. During racing season I'd pull off to the side and watch a bit, but that's as far as it went. In the mid 80's my brother also gave up racing when his daughter arrived, and neither of us ever went back to it. I've never been good as a spectator. I still love to go fast, but now I prefer doing it in three dimensions, or maybe more appropriately, three axes. Orville and Wilbur, thank you, thank you! It's interesting I suppose that I lost any desire to build another dragster, but never gave a second thought to building a plane, hmmm. That's enough I think, don't want to steal this thread any more than I have, sorry Matt!

• 1 month later...