Bun E's Jagdpanther

Guest Bun E. Carlos

Guest Bun E. Carlos

I sent in one of my latest for the August Rush Gallery.................comments welcome. (only one tank??) :)

Bruno01small.jpg

Jack Bruno

IPMS/SPASAM

Tamiya 1/35 Jagdpanther

This is the TAMIYA 1/35 Jagdpanther. It was built OUT OF THE BOX with the only modifications being solder wire for the headlight electrical lead, VERLINDEN Brown netting soaked in white glue and water to break up the shape of the Gun Barrel, FRUIL Metal Track (late Panther) with the additional spare track replaced as well. Using photo's I cut the track off to give it the proper sag, touching the third set of road wheels. The track was soaked in BLACKEN-IT then oil washed. The entire kit was painted TAMIYA Flat Black as a base color. TAMIYA paint was airbrushed freestyle for the Three-Color Scheme. It was heavily oil washed using WINDSOR-NEWTON Oils and Flat Coated using FLOQIUL Flat Clear. It was placed on a small base made out of wood from a tree in Normandy, France. The Base was covered in a round section with CELLUCLAY mixed with water and white glue. Curb side rubble was pressed into it while it was drying and painted using different shades of Brown. The Boxes and Logs are VERLINDEN with a TAMIYA MG 42. Train Store Static grass was white glued into the base and enhanced with a shot of Light Green. Drybrushing followed with the final touch being the addition of HUDSON-ALLEN Pine Boughs.

I sent in one of my latest for the August Rush Gallery.................comments welcome. (only one tank??) :)

Bruno01small.jpg

Jack Bruno

IPMS/SPASAM

Tamiya 1/35 Jagdpanther

This is the TAMIYA 1/35 Jagdpanther. It was built OUT OF THE BOX with the only modifications being solder wire for the headlight electrical lead, VERLINDEN Brown netting soaked in white glue and water to break up the shape of the Gun Barrel, FRUIL Metal Track (late Panther) with the additional spare track replaced as well. Using photo's I cut the track off to give it the proper sag, touching the third set of road wheels. The track was soaked in BLACKEN-IT then oil washed. The entire kit was painted TAMIYA Flat Black as a base color. TAMIYA paint was airbrushed freestyle for the Three-Color Scheme. It was heavily oil washed using WINDSOR-NEWTON Oils and Flat Coated using FLOQIUL Flat Clear. It was placed on a small base made out of wood from a tree in Normandy, France. The Base was covered in a round section with CELLUCLAY mixed with water and white glue. Curb side rubble was pressed into it while it was drying and painted using different shades of Brown. The Boxes and Logs are VERLINDEN with a TAMIYA MG 42. Train Store Static grass was white glued into the base and enhanced with a shot of Light Green. Drybrushing followed with the final touch being the addition of HUDSON-ALLEN Pine Boughs.

Very, very acceptable Jack, your getting rather good at this.

Just spoken to Glen..good news is he can see the Capitol Dome from his apartment balcony....bad is he only has room for a couple of 1/72 nd kits in the place.

Paddy

Guest Bun E. Carlos

Thanks Timmy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paddy!! Where you been hiding :) I had the boys last weekened and missed lunch with Kerri and Gunner........But I'll catch him at the next Station.................That Man is alwayz on the move!!! I hope everything is well for you and lets see some of your stuff!!!! Best wishes!!!!! Jack

The complete text of Jack's review and commentary on this Jagdpanther with additional photos will appear in the August issue of the IPMS/Will-Cook Newsletter. Jack's review of the Tamiya Sherman was in the July issue. :smiley32:

Ed

Is your newsletter available online? Inquiring minds want to know... :)

The complete text of Jack's review and commentary on this Jagdpanther with additional photos will appear in the August issue of the IPMS/Will-Cook Newsletter. Jack's review of the Tamiya Sherman was in the July issue. :smiley32:

Ed

"Is your newsletter available online? Inquiring minds want to know... :) " -- dtshooter

The IPMS/Will-Cook Newsletter file is in MS Word. I can e-mail it to anyone who sends me a PM with your e-mail address. I can send you the July issue now and the August issue after I have produced it next week.

Ed

Thanks Timmy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paddy!! Where you been hiding :) I had the boys last weekened and missed lunch with Kerri and Gunner........But I'll catch him at the next Station.................That Man is alwayz on the move!!! I hope everything is well for you and lets see some of your stuff!!!! Best wishes!!!!! Jack

Jack,

Here and there, bit of work, bit of surgery, you know how it is when you reach the age of a bus pass,free teeth and glasses.

Gunner says he is good but 350 Alpha personalities in one room gets a bit warysome. DC and District seem full of armour fans so his spare time will be full.

My SISU XA 180 was on here recently: this is next for the Branch table at the Nov,Telford Nats

374_nike_ajax_20.jpg

Already done the figure and one Ajax(ish) but I am only planning a battery of three and thats not going to be too short of a meter long. How I get my self into this stuff is anyone's guess.,

regards

Guest Bun E. Carlos

Paddy.................living around Chicago was interesting for me when I was a young boy....we played baseball near Nike "mounds" and had site's in Glenwood and Munster. In Church, we would always have an influx of Military in attendance..........and like a boy, I never knew a Cold War was going on. We'd play and hear Sonic BOOOOMS all the time............those were great days.

Gunners two boys are HUGE!!!!! Such the Junior modelers they were...............now the real things :)

You arn't kidding Jack saw the photos and the home videos from the "Sandbox" as Glen says. Fine looking lads.

A mutual friend used to tell that as a schoolboy he would attempt to set off the perimiter fence alarms around his local Nike site just to get the guard to chase after them.

Funny thing about the Cold War, one minute you are in the middle staring East, next you are trying to explain the sublties of the SALT II to your students.

Must be an age thing

Anyway the story so far....

1937a475.jpg

Ajaxbuild11.jpg

regards

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bun E. Carlos

AHHHHHHHHH, those were taken by Rich "Emilio" Diaz, my mentor, at the SPASAM Meeting a few months ago :) I see my Sherman in the Background :)