1/72 Pegasus Boulton Paul Balliol T2

Ron Bell

This is a bagged early Pegasus kit. It comes in 12 injection molded parts and four white metal ones for the landing gear. The canopy is not bad, but a little grainy. No interior. You have to add that and blank off the front intake and the dorsal radiator opening, and make the gear doors from sheet plastic. They don't tell you to make the door for the radiator opening, but it shows in photos and is easy to make. The wings come in two parts each so you could do a folded wing naval version, but it makes getting the dihedral accurate a little dodgy if you don't. Markings are for an RAF machine flying out of Cottesmore in 1961. 

41616476950_08aca04813_c.jpg

42519921525_fcf90b1504_c.jpg

41616479230_694af61592_c.jpg

41616481680_7bdb671da0_c.jpg

42519923745_9ab4eecea8_c.jpg

• Like 1

Yet another great looking build of a British plane I've never heard of! Questions: Did you paint the yellow stripes or are they decals; and what are those grid-like markings on the wings just inboard of the ailerons? The crisp result belies the work needed on such a crude limited run kit!

GIL :cool:

Stripes are Humbrol Trainer Yellow # 24. As to the grid markings, I have no idea what they are. They are very faint on the kit, but they are rather prominent in photos, so I added them from decal. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

The guy who made these kits, Chris Gannon, had a nice little range when he used to produce and sell them. He used to trade at the UK Nationals (as they were then). I can remember him and his wife going around shows on a Honda Gold Wing Motor Bike with a trailer back in those days.   Just out of interest the name Bailiol given to the Boulton Paul trainer is the name of one of the colleges that make up Oxford University in the UK.

Edited by noelsmith