Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mustang1989

Revell '41 Willy's "Demon II" Progress-25 July

Recommended Posts

I needed something that's going to go a little smooth for me so I've decided to take on another "Demon II" project. I'll be taking the original gasser idea and slamming it to the ground for more of a Pro Street look. Paint scheme will be the original Street Demons theme with the flames on the sides.

Here we go:

 

0qBtqt.jpg

 

unMEaZ.jpg

 

                                                                                                                                                    Demon%20Logo_zpsnwa9iw4i.jpg

Edited by mustang1989

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This kit comes with a blown 426 Hemi but I don't like that nasty scoop coming up out of the hood. My aim is to fill in the hole in the hood and to change the induction up on the engine a bit. Gonna go with a Ramcharger 426 instead:

a990-engine.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to let everybody know.............I am still working on this one. I've got the chassis mostly finished up except for the brake rotors up front and the exhaust system. I've also gotta tweak the toe in setting on the front end to keep the excessive toe in look from happening on the front wheels when fully assembled.
I narrowed the rear axle to get the wider tires underneath the rear fenders and lowered the front suspension a good 1/8" to make it an even drop all the way around.

Image

I did acquire the only PE piece made for this kit which will help the front end out ALOT. Sorry Revell..................that's good for OOB but it aint gonna cut it on this build.

Image

I'm currently working on the engine which will take me a bit because of the detail I want to throw at this beast. I'll be robbing a lot of the parts except for the base engine block and transmission (which I'll leave OOB) from the Revell Hemi Dart kit. I was going to post some engine progress pics as well but the Spaz Stix clear doesn't work well with Model Master acrylic paint. Turned it white in the crevices so I'll be shooting another thin coat of orange on the block and re-coating the clear with Tamiya clear like I usually do the next time around. Learning curve complete.   Wink

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×