Revell '41 Willy's "Demon II"-Completed

I needed something that's going to go a little smooth for me so I've decided to take on another "Demon II" project. I'll be taking the original gasser idea and slamming it to the ground for more of a Pro Street look. Paint scheme will be the original Street Demons theme with the flames on the sides.

Here we go:

0qBtqt.jpg

unMEaZ.jpg

Demon%20Logo_zpsnwa9iw4i.jpg

Edited by mustang1989

This kit comes with a blown 426 Hemi but I don't like that nasty scoop coming up out of the hood. My aim is to fill in the hole in the hood and to change the induction up on the engine a bit. Gonna go with a Ramcharger 426 instead:

a990-engine.jpg

Just to let everybody know.............I am still working on this one. I've got the chassis mostly finished up except for the brake rotors up front and the exhaust system. I've also gotta tweak the toe in setting on the front end to keep the excessive toe in look from happening on the front wheels when fully assembled.
I narrowed the rear axle to get the wider tires underneath the rear fenders and lowered the front suspension a good 1/8" to make it an even drop all the way around.

I did acquire the only PE piece made for this kit which will help the front end out ALOT. Sorry Revell..................that's good for OOB but it aint gonna cut it on this build.

I'm currently working on the engine which will take me a bit because of the detail I want to throw at this beast. I'll be robbing a lot of the parts except for the base engine block and transmission (which I'll leave OOB) from the Revell Hemi Dart kit. I was going to post some engine progress pics as well but the Spaz Stix clear doesn't work well with Model Master acrylic paint. Turned it white in the crevices so I'll be shooting another thin coat of orange on the block and re-coating the clear with Tamiya clear like I usually do the next time around. Learning curve complete.   Wink

• 1 year later...

It has been forever and a day since I've last posted on here. I apologize for the long absence. I have since finished this build but wanted to post the completion of it here. I will be posting some more as there are some good folks here.

I started out with these two kits and a Pro Street vision between the two.

I've always had an eye for Revell's "Street Demons" series back in 1983 but I don't really care for the gasser look that a few of 'em had...……..this one in particular. In staying with the theme I set out to change things up a little bit in the way of a slight color change up, stance, powertrain and interior.

Powertrain : Came from the Revell 1968 Hemi Dart kit with upgrades to the ignition, fuel and throttle linkage systems.

Wheels: From Future Attractions. I had my machine shop at work cut the rear wheels in half due to the fact that they were just too dang wide to use with the tires I had.

Paint: Testors Icy Blue Lacquer, Testors White Lightning Lacquer and Testors Wet Look Clear all decanted and shot through an airbrush.

Decals: Speedway Decals

Interior Shots:

Additional engine shots:

• 9 months later...
On 2/5/2020 at 9:50 AM, WildBill50 said:

Boss, man!

Love the color scheme. The attention to detail is really superb.

This looks well worth the effort and time put in.

Bill

So sorry for the terribly late reply Bill. Thanks bud.

I really like the engine and especially the frame modifications !🤩

Thank you for posting the supply sources.

Aftermarket for aircraft is something I've know about for decades but not car model aftermarket; some very nice items available from Future Attractions .

I am guessing that cutting the rims in half was accomplished by making and using spacers for gripping the rims in a lathe collet chuck.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2020 at 1:42 PM, cheveuxroux said:

I really like the engine and especially the frame modifications !🤩

Thank you for posting the supply sources.

Aftermarket for aircraft is something I've know about for decades but not car model aftermarket; some very nice items available from Future Attractions .

I am guessing that cutting the rims in half was accomplished by making and using spacers for gripping the rims in a lathe collet chuck.

Thanks Bob! There's a whole different WORLD of AM items available for scale autos. One can have LOTS of fun building them now with all that's available. I'm guessing yes on the collet chuck. We have a machine shop on the plant that helps me out with this kind of stuff.

I know that engine... 😉 

Wheres the rest of it Joe?

• Thanks 1

On 12/18/2020 at 10:12 AM, Stikpusher said:

I know that engine... 😉 

Wheres the rest of it Joe?

LOL!! Thanks Carlos!! 

• 1 month later...
On 12/17/2020 at 9:50 PM, mustang1989 said:

Thanks Bob! There's a whole different WORLD of AM items available for scale autos. One can have LOTS of fun building them now with all that's available. I'm guessing yes on the collet chuck. We have a machine shop on the plant that helps me out with this kind of stuff.

I bought an old Monogram 1/12 C2 Corvette recently and notice online that various AM accessories are available ranging from instrument decals to photo etch.

One separate project - I may want to print white lettering on some tires in the old re-issue S'cool Bus to replace the molded lettering - provided I can remove the detail while leaving the tire surface smooth.

Long time ago I had rubber stamps made from a drawing and i may do the same again unless I find rub off decals in white.

( sorry for the delayed reply; been busy doing chores at home and only just had time to check posts on forums. )

• Like 1

A  1/12 scale Vette is a pretty dang big model and there are certainly alot of AM accessories available for the larger scales.

Actually there are decals for tire lettering available. You can check out my Maverick and General Lee Charger builds here and both of those have decals for lettering. If I'm not mistaken I get those from Slixx.

6 hours ago, mustang1989 said:

A  1/12 scale Vette is a pretty dang big model and there are certainly alot of AM accessories available for the larger scales.

Actually there are decals for tire lettering available. You can check out my Maverick and General Lee Charger builds here and both of those have decals for lettering. If I'm not mistaken I get those from Slixx.

Thank you for the info about Slixx !

I will check for various decals there.

FWIW- the 1/12 Vette is small compared to the 1/12 Monogram 1957 Chevy -  ( I bought one of those second hand as well ) -which looks huge compared to the Vette.

Edited by cheveuxroux
  • Like 1