Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mustang1989

Revell '41 Willy's "Demon II"-Completed

Recommended Posts

I needed something that's going to go a little smooth for me so I've decided to take on another "Demon II" project. I'll be taking the original gasser idea and slamming it to the ground for more of a Pro Street look. Paint scheme will be the original Street Demons theme with the flames on the sides.

Here we go:

 

0qBtqt.jpg

 

unMEaZ.jpg

 

                                                                                                                                                    Demon%20Logo_zpsnwa9iw4i.jpg

Edited by mustang1989

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This kit comes with a blown 426 Hemi but I don't like that nasty scoop coming up out of the hood. My aim is to fill in the hole in the hood and to change the induction up on the engine a bit. Gonna go with a Ramcharger 426 instead:

a990-engine.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to let everybody know.............I am still working on this one. I've got the chassis mostly finished up except for the brake rotors up front and the exhaust system. I've also gotta tweak the toe in setting on the front end to keep the excessive toe in look from happening on the front wheels when fully assembled.
I narrowed the rear axle to get the wider tires underneath the rear fenders and lowered the front suspension a good 1/8" to make it an even drop all the way around.

Image

I did acquire the only PE piece made for this kit which will help the front end out ALOT. Sorry Revell..................that's good for OOB but it aint gonna cut it on this build.

Image

I'm currently working on the engine which will take me a bit because of the detail I want to throw at this beast. I'll be robbing a lot of the parts except for the base engine block and transmission (which I'll leave OOB) from the Revell Hemi Dart kit. I was going to post some engine progress pics as well but the Spaz Stix clear doesn't work well with Model Master acrylic paint. Turned it white in the crevices so I'll be shooting another thin coat of orange on the block and re-coating the clear with Tamiya clear like I usually do the next time around. Learning curve complete.   Wink

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It has been forever and a day since I've last posted on here. I apologize for the long absence. I have since finished this build but wanted to post the completion of it here. I will be posting some more as there are some good folks here.

I started out with these two kits and a Pro Street vision between the two.

Image

I've always had an eye for Revell's "Street Demons" series back in 1983 but I don't really care for the gasser look that a few of 'em had...……..this one in particular. In staying with the theme I set out to change things up a little bit in the way of a slight color change up, stance, powertrain and interior.

Powertrain : Came from the Revell 1968 Hemi Dart kit with upgrades to the ignition, fuel and throttle linkage systems.

Wheels: From Future Attractions. I had my machine shop at work cut the rear wheels in half due to the fact that they were just too dang wide to use with the tires I had.

Paint: Testors Icy Blue Lacquer, Testors White Lightning Lacquer and Testors Wet Look Clear all decanted and shot through an airbrush.

Decals: Speedway Decals

Image

Image

Image


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image



Image

Image

Interior Shots:

Image

Image

Additional engine shots:

Image

Image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boss, man!

Love the color scheme. The attention to detail is really superb.

This looks well worth the effort and time put in.

 Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...