Chapter Meeting Calendar?

Eric,

I think your Chapter Meeting Calendar will be very useful to our members. 

Your design is excellent with flexible options and very user friendly. Kudos to you.😀 

TAKE CARE,

Edited by ralph4hand
Better my content

The one thing I probably cannot do is dealing with Chapters who have two different meeting times during a month, i.e. the second Tuesday at 7PM and the fourth Sunday at 2PM.  I can list those on the Chapter page, but not within the Meeting Calendar view....

Eric

How about a work-around? Something like treating such a chapter's listing as two chapter names - for example IPMS/SheldonCooper_a and IPMS/Sheldon Cooper_b. Or otherwise "doctoring" their Calendar database selection/sorting IDs.

In this case I'd consider "." and ":", less noticeable than "_a" and "_b".

just a though

Ralph

Eric,

Are you the only one access to this?  Ours needs to be changed.  Since the library now only allows meetings during operating hours, our meeting dates have changed to the last Wednesday of every month. 

I thought we had a thread on this under News & Announcements in late June -  why not merge into one, ?

I have updates to our info, but it won't happen for a week or so.  I'll email who -- you, Eric, or the DLC ?

If the Fact Sheet doesn't update this, then we need to sort it out.

I am not sure why Chapter Contacts, who are generally responsible to communicate between national & the members cannot be given the tools/permissions to make the updates online and have that feed/inform the officers as necessary.  We're doing this backwards, wasting the Webmaster's time and the DLC's time being secretaries, and our time also because we have to not only submit changes but then watch to see if made (correctly).

• Like 1

Yeah, I might have duplicated topics... been one of those weeks...

Email both of us, just in case... I don't think I've ever seen a Fact Sheet, so I don't know what info is on it.  I've added more info to the Chapter web pages over the years and I doubt its on the sheet.

I have thought about providing access to the CC's to their Club pages...  at the moment, I have a function that emails all the CC's to get them to update the page info.  It's reasonably successful but I don't get replies from everyone. My concern is that instead of the DLC and I having to manage the pages, we'll end up managing the CC accounts and any Club pages where the CC does not want to do so.. 

It is doable but it's not something I'm going to tackle without significant fraction of the parties involved on board...

Eric

13 hours ago, JohnRatzenberger said:

I thought we had a thread on this under News & Announcements in late June -  why not merge into one, ?

I have updates to our info, but it won't happen for a week or so.  I'll email who -- you, Eric, or the DLC ?

If the Fact Sheet doesn't update this, then we need to sort it out.

I am not sure why Chapter Contacts, who are generally responsible to communicate between national & the members cannot be given the tools/permissions to make the updates online and have that feed/inform the officers as necessary.  We're doing this backwards, wasting the Webmaster's time and the DLC's time being secretaries, and our time also because we have to not only submit changes but then watch to see if made (correctly).

Eric, I inserted replies at the >>>

Yeah, I might have duplicated topics... been one of those weeks...

>>> Know that one ...

Email both of us, just in case... I don't think I've ever seen a Fact Sheet, so I don't know what info is on it.  I've added more info to the Chapter web pages over the years and I doubt its on the sheet.

>>> Thanks Eric, I will - I need to get clear of the week so I don't cause confusion because it's date sensitive, so it'll be next week, after the 21st. 

I have thought about providing access to the CC's to their Club pages...  at the moment, I have a function that emails all the CC's to get them to update the page info.  It's reasonably successful but I don't get replies from everyone. My concern is that instead of the DLC and I having to manage the pages, we'll end up managing the CC accounts and any Club pages where the CC does not want to do so.. 

>>> Yeah, I understand that, but we always keep working to the lowest common denominator - those that can't/won't/don't ...

It is doable but it's not something I'm going to tackle without significant fraction of the parties involved on board...

>>> If one takes our member voting record as an indicator, then it'll never happen -- and the ones who could/would are left with noting and you & DLC are stuck with it.  I'm not sure why the Fact Sheet isn't online also -- then maybe we can make both systems work easier ....

>> When I send you my corrections, I'll send you my chapter Fact Sheet from last year, as a sample .... 

Edited by JohnRatzenberger