Update on M42 Duster!

RickCummelin

With MANY thanks to Mark Aldrich for his most generous donation, our local Vietnam Veterans will soon have an extremely nice model of an M42 Duster to look at in our club's display case at the local VA Hospital.  The model is a very highly detailed kit from AFV Club, and it was quite the challenge to build.  Construction/gluing is now complete, with painting and weathering to come next.  Minimal or no flash on all parts, and the fit was usually real good with a few exceptions.  I can easily recommend this kit to others.

Please check out the photos, with one additional photo of four "Sandbox" vehicles I added to the display case last week. As I was re-arranging the display case for the new models, a nurse stopped and said:  "Oh, I've noticed new models from time-to-time, but I have never before seen someone open the case and put them in.  Thanks for doing this for our vets."  Made my whole day--maybe the week.

Duster 1.JPG

Duster 2.JPG

Duster 3.JPG

Sandbox 3.JPG

Edited by RickCummelin
  • Like 1

Umm Rick.....Hopefully the backwards track will be fixed before it ends up at the Hospital.  Just saying.