Awards Banquet

I am considering going to the banquet this year, but have some questions on the Italian Buffet.  First what is featured with the buffet (the photo showing the entrees is out of focus)? And second, how is the buffet to be served, at the table, or self serve?

Thanks,

John walker

Michael,

If you go to the Nats site and open the banquet box it states that this year's banquet is an Italian Buffet, and there is a photo of Italian dishes that are labeled, but most are out of focus, hence my question.  There is no further explanation of what the buffet consists of, and for $53 I'd like to know. Further, the word buffet usually (at least here in MA) implies that you get up, get in line and serve yourself. However, over the years I have been involved with similar events with this gang and I'm not sure I want any part of that (the BBQ at the VA Air & Space Museum many years ago comes to mind).   Can someone associated with the banquet please enlighten me as to what to expect?

Thanks,

John Walker

I will get specific information from the hotel and post it here as soon as possible.  To my knowledge, it will be identical to the 2010 banquet, where you get in line and serve yourself.  It worked very well then and I'm pretty sure nobody went away hungry.  

Steve

Guys,

Here's the menu for the buffet at the banquet.  And yes, it's is served buffet style.  However, I wouldn't be concerned about running out of anything.  And I can tell you from personal experience, these people make good Italian food.

Steve

Italian Buffet Dinner

Caesar Salad

Crisp Romaine, Garlic Croutons and Parmesan Cheese

Creamy Caesar Dressing (On the Side)

Tomato and Buffalo Mozzarella Salad

Rigatoni Pasta Salad

Grilled Vegetables Tossed with Rigatoni Pasta, Olives and Parmesan Cheese

Fettuccini Alfredo with Grilled Chicken

Meat Lasagna

Penne Pasta Primavera

Bread Sticks

Olive Oil Bread with Rosemary and Sea Salt

(Cut into Squares)

Individual Assorted Panacatta / Based on 3 Per Person

Lemon

Coconut

White Chocolate

Coffee, Decaffeinated Coffee, Hot Tea and Ice Tea

• Like 1

You're welcome, John.  See you there.

Steve

As opposed to perhaps a vegetarian meal?  Otherwise, yes, it's a buffet meal.

Steve