Vindicator by Accu Mini

Dick Montgomery

Just completed the SB2U-3 by Accurate Miniatures. Great detail, with a few "issues", but the end result is worth the small amount of trouble.

SB2U-3 Vindicator Accurate Miniatures 480202  b.jpg

SB2U-3 Vindicator Accurate Miniatures 480202 a.jpg

Wing walks are painted as is the single white fuselage stripe.

41 minutes ago, Mark Aldrich said:

Great Job!  Are the wing walks painted or decal?

Looks good Dick!! I'm still working on mine.

What issues did you find? What do I have to look forward to?

1 hour ago, dhamilton said:

Looks good Dick!! I'm still working on mine.

What issues did you find? What do I have to look forward to?

Thanks Doug. Issues- There are errors in part # identifications but they easy to work around. Cowl can be a problem as the fit to the fuselage is iffy, as is the fit of the engine into the cowl. Watch the installation of machine guns in the wings.....most likely the version you'll build will have only one wing mounted gun and that will be in the left wing. Be cautions when attaching the landing gear. The locating pins are small and easy to snap off, and the braces for the gear are difficult to place properly. Cockpit can be very difficult to assemble properly. "Fit" and placement of parts is difficult and instructions are of little help. "Fit" of the fuselage and wings is quite good with very little work on most of the seams. Pay attention to the back edge of the wing assembly where it fits on the fuselage.  You're going to see a great deal of the interior after the project is finished so spend some extra time there. Placement of the instrument panel can be quite difficult.

Kit masks and decals are excellent....at least in the kit I bought and built. Detail is excellent with lots of texture that is rather pleasing to the eye. Even with all the issues I thoroughly enjoyed the project. I have a couple of other Accu Mini kits that I'll put on the "To Do" list for later this year.

Thanks Bill. I really like these Accu Mini kits.

Very nice Dick. Keep up the good work!

Mark

Thanks. It'll be in some of the local contests in our area over the next year so you'll get to see it in person. I'll be happy to explain how its easy to hide the flaws in the pics.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice job Dick! Keep up the good work!

Mark