"old" Matildas/Chieftans out there for kitbashing?

Disco58

Looking for a an old Matilda, Chieftan, Char I, or...? I know squat about armor, but I noticed the first two have the armor skirts that come way down on the sides, which is what I want. Yea, I know I could scratch something, but these already have it, and it's obviously supposed to be there. I don't know if I have the talent ot duplicate that "belongs there" look (and I definitely lack the patience to figure it out!). The Char is almost a 'gimme' for bashing into a 40K piece, but they're running about $60, and that's more than I can afford, and about impossible to justify for something that will be a basher. I just need some POS that's been sitting around collecting dust and cobwebs. All I need is the hull, turret (maybe) and tracks. The gun will go bye bye anyway, so... As far as the turret, even if it's pretty well shot, but still has the mounting ring, ok fine. Ronbo, buddy, hook me up.... I have a 1/35 Tamiya Lee that would work so well, but dammitol, it's brand new, and my conscience won't let me.I have some Tigers that would work too I suppose, even a couple Testors/Italeri kits, but it's the same thing---can't sacrifice a squeaky new kit for bashing. It's like turning a virgin out on the streets to be a hooker, ya know?

Michael,

I have an old Centurion That was converted over to a Puma. I can go look into it. I also have the AFV Club Centurion turret (I used the Lion Roar one). Let me know. The Tamiya Cent might even have the lower tub and track. I used the roadwheels though.

Mark-- Whatever's laying around, I'm game. Unless I'm really missing something, converting a Centurion to a Puma definitely begs the questions of how and why. One is Brit, one German, one has treads, the other has wheels, so.... Throw some wheels/tires on a Tiger and you might have a wierd Puma looking kinda thing (which I've considered doing by the way), but beyond that, I'm not so sure. I'd say that's a "what-if" that takes a lot more ambition and imagination than I could muster.

Michael,

Not sure what shows are close to you, but I often see the older 'beat up' box Tamiya kits going for the $10ish range at shows. Now that Tamiya has a new Matilda, the old ones should be showing up at the vendor tables cheap!

Aha, now I get it! But it looks like someone stole the turret and gun off of that one :smiley2: Maybe the Israelis are good at recycling, and that's what they used to make the blade? Hmmm, probably not...alrighty then. No shows in R5 I can make it to unfortunately, at least until Butch O'Hare in November.