Mark Aldrich

In Need Of Volunteer Photographers

I know I am posting this earlier than normal but I just noticed this Topic and figured I would get us started.  As usual, I am looking for photographers to help photo archive the upcoming Nationals.  This year should be an easy one as I am actually going to get to attend!  If all has gone right, I should have a SIG table and we will use that as the handoff location.  As in previous years, I am in need of all the different categories to be covered as well as any trips, vendors, make-n-take, and general convention shots.  You can contact me here or at tacomipms@comcast.net.  Can't wait to be there.

NewMe.jpg

Mark,

Thanks for very for providing this photo coverage of the Nats. I look forward to seeing the pics very much!

• Like 1

Thanks Dick,

Just need to get some suck.....I mean volunteers!!!  LOL

Funny!:biggrin:

One Sucker coming Up...I mean volunteering.

SCI-Fi and Juniors  Categories if that is OK ?

Bill

You the First!  Thank you so Much!

With less than 15 days remaining before the start of the Largest Model show in the US, I have so far received one volunteer.  The Nats gallery is for all of you.  Mostly designed for those that are unable to attend but also so anyone can look back and see the great models that were on display.  If you are there and take any pictures, please swing by the MEWSIG (Middle East Wars Special Interest Group) table (should be located in the Vendor Room) and hopefully we can work a way to transfer any pictures you may have.  If I am not there it will probably be because I am trying to photograph models so please check back. 

Snagged another volunteer.  More is ALWAYS merrier.  Between the three of us I believe we can still make a great presentation of the models for all to see.  However, I could really use someone that is going on the Grumman and Culinary tours to take some snaps and get them to me.  PIMA is well covered and the tours are usually the least covered by the gallery.  If you happen to be going on either please get with me and I will work with you to get your photographs.  The gallery is up and ready but will not start being populated until Wednesday evening at the earliest. 

IPMS/USA 2018 Nationals 

And if people are tired of the slideshow images on the various IPMS web sites, I can always use some decent, landscape aspect ratio images...  preferably with a nice depth of field / bokeh .

Eric

• Like 1

Hmm, thought I have been on the list for several months.  Oh well.

I will bring my camera and am happy to take pictures as well.  Some of our club is going to the culinary event so I can ask them to also take some pictures.  I took a slew of pictures last year at Nats for the LSP website.  I'm also judging so will see about fitting all of this in.  Chris

I sent an email to the address listed and it bounced.  I"m available except for the Pima tour day.  Let me know, I"ll arrive Tuesday night.

Randall Cox

To those that have replied.  Thank you so much.  I have been on the road since SAT AM and the road trip has been more taxing than imagined.  Everything that I have saved is in Excel and now my laptop is telling me that I have not activated Excel.  Here is what we have assigned.

Bill DeDig - Juniors & SiFi

Rick Jackson - Ships

Phil Peterson - Dios & PIMA

I will be at the MEWSIG table at 1400 tomorrow.  Chris and Randall.  I appreciate your volunteering and anything you snap will be greatly appreciated.  

Touch down.  Hope to leave the rental about noonish tomorrow and get a feel for the center tomorrow.

What time are you heading over to the center?  Doesn't open till 2pm?  Thanks Chris

Knew people and I am already set up.  Come into the vendor room and  hang a left.  Got internet for 4 days.  Not sure about power though.  They want another $145 for the 4 days.

Can I get in early or do I have to wait till 2pm?

Sorry you are going to have to wait.  Just like I will leave at 1400 and go through registration. 

I Will hit the 48 scale aircraft,  spacecraft and Syfy 

Randall

Hello

please note I have Already Commited to SyFy and Juniors. Trying to avoid overlap.

Bill

Bill,

I shot everything yesterday except MnT and Tours.  Wanted to put pics in the gallery.  I did not mark any.  Today I will start marking Armor and figures.  Truth be told, as long as I can tell what you guys shot when I am uploading pictures and can keep the dups down, I am a happy camper.  I hope to be able to snag some good MnT shots today as well.    

Mark,

I'm delighted to see the excellent photo postings (Quantity, Coverage and Quality) this early in the Convention. It's a real gift to those of us that didn't make it this year.

I would like to see more People (visiting tables, viewing models, visiting each other, etc.) as it makes me feel like I'm there seeing old friends.

Enjoyed working with you at previous conventions and feel your being there this year is helping the response significantly.

Hope to see you in Nooga' next year.

THANK YOU,

• Like 1

Thanks Ralph.  The credit goes to the volunteers!!  I'm trying to manage three categories.  Could not imagine doing them all.  Should have trips up this morning.

Mark,

Thanks for your quick response.

The first photo you, or one your helpers, posted in response to my request was of Dick Montgomery- one of my favorite IPMS friends.😀

On 2nd look also seeJim Pearsall, another IPMS Buddy, hard at work. Well Done.👍

ENJOY.

Edited by ralph4hand
  • Like 1

Sorry for this ..Mark, Where are the Photos Posted??

Thanks

Bill