Aradia's Posideon Mini

Roktman

This model has been sitting on my desk for a while now about 99% done. Lets have a look. The first thing that's noticed is the base that's on the website is quite a bit different than what you get. I don't know (and didn't think to ask) if it was a mistake on Aradia's part or what. Anyway Posideon just sits on this little ledge of coral. No matter I can model a base. The parts are shown below. On the website you had a choice of either a human type face or a sort of fish mask (arrow). I liked the mask, but in person IMO I felt it made him look like he had a tiny head. 

This is the problem for me when a model sits. You think you've taken pics that you didn't. But basically the skin was done in a Flesh, and washed with Citadels Reikland Fleshshade. Then the fish part was done in a blue, highlighted with a turquoise with some pearlizing craft paint for the wet look sparkle. 

The base is simply Sculpt -a-Mould  over some foam "boulders. Spray with a tan and then the same turquoise with the pearl.  Finally I wanted some sort of backdrop for him. I went looking for some pieces of fan coral at the pet stores. But no good. I guess real coral decorations are taboo now. I found some artificial stuff that looked good in the pics and real life from a distance. But it's kind of cheesy look close up. I sprayed that with white primer and then some blue mixed with the pearl. 
Done. Thanks for looking.

IMG_2509.jpg.bfda9a15e2f18c682f255046a30dbb40.jpgIMG_2510.jpg.92e873346aced7239e6510c77169f96c.jpgIMG_2511.jpg.67ee3ff3f888e18410d37e03bf5d8745.jpg

• Like 1

The figure came out well done, and a nice job on the base. 

On another point, it angers me when companies don't deliver what is advertised on their box art.  I would be certain to ASK before purchasing another kit from those guys.

On the other hand, it could have been a business decision (still no excuse for deceptive box art).  The model in the box art may have cost too much to produce.  I.e. the cost of the extra resin and rubber mold material needed to make the base shown on the box made it too expensive.  I had the same thing happen to me on one of my model kits.  It turned out just too expensive (though large and lots of parts) and as a result of the price, I have sold very few of them.

• Like 1

No need to "fish" for compliments.  Another great figure (fishure?).

You know what I mean.

The base is cool too!

Bill

Edited by WildBill50

Thanks guys.

Rusty: Agreed. The only thing I can think of is that maybe the added a base just to complete the drawing. Because there wasn't even a spot in the foam holders for a base - unless they re manufactured the foam too.  It would have been good to know, but then again I have been voicing my opinions elsewhere that I thing GKs should have  simple/ no bases to make them less expensive as I can always build my own.  So I guess I got my wish. 😉

Bill:  hehe 🤣

• 2 months later...