Industria Mechanika's Red Star 47

Roktman

Based off an illustration by Christophe Deese comes this future retro flyer.

It comes with a lot of resin parts, a lot of TINY PE, and some clear resin, wire, and thread  While the thread if for cabling for the steering vanes, I think I will replace that with some stretch sprue (for durability). There's a lot of WIP pics, that I put on my site. Here's the finished flyer. Thanks for looking.

IMG_2486.jpg.e653f49c8362c4ae1a23f5f85db43666.jpgIMG_2487.jpg.100b8cfa8a2310678caf7c12a172c404.jpgIMG_2488.jpg.c19168b429845a2661402a769e09f446.jpg

Edited by Roktman

Hi, Kevin,

I must admit I have never seen such a vehicle before.  I like that you have a figure of the driver/pilot/whatever-title to establish the scale.  Now you need the two-seat version for a flight training  instructor.  The model looks excellent!

Ed

• Like 1

Thanks guys!

Ed: As a garage kit, there's definitely low distribution of these kits, basically word of mouth I guess.  Mike Fitchenmeyer had the brainstorm to make deals with these sci-fi/ fantasy artists to turn their 2D images into 3D models. He's got quite a few now, of all different categories. True, they are a bit expensive, but after building this one, I know why. It's  not a difficult kit to put together, but with all the  resin, wire, and PE parts, there's a lot to them.  If you want to take a look, his site is : https://industriamechanika.com/shop/   

Bryan: Thanks!  Mike doesn't really let on to how business is going, but as said above, I don't think any of thee garage kit guys makes enuff from sales to retire or make this full time business.  Plus how many people do more buying than building. LOL 😉  I know my kit was on the pile for quite a while. 😉

While the kit is involved, it's not an impossible, so I think your club friend is just taking his time. Also to be honest, the instructions are just two exploded diagrams and are a little vague in spots,. I also get to my hobby room almost everyday for a few hours during the week. So I most likely have a lot more filming time than him. 😉 so that will slow you down.