Airport to Hotel

Phoenix has an excellent Light Rail System that, among other places, runs between the airport and downtown Phoenix. For our purposes, it lets you off about a block from the Convention Center and the event hotel. I used it both times I have been to the Phoenix Nationals. I recommend it. Nick Filippone

Nick is correct.  Light Rail is quick, convenient, and inexpensive.  Nearest stop is about a block away.  Lots of pelicans in the area if you don't want to make the walk, though.  Also, Uber and Lyft are very active in the vicinity of the airport and it's about a 5-10 minute ride.

Steve

You need to catch the Phoenix Sky Train that connects all terminals to the 44th St/Washington light rail station if you want to use the Valley Metro light rail to get to the hotel.  It is accessed from Level 3 of the terminal near the security checkpoint.  The Sky Train is free and runs longer hours than the light rail and more frequently.  Once you get to the Valley Metro station, you need to purchase a ride fare at one of the kiosks to legally ride the Valley Metro rail.  The ride to the 3rd St/Washington station is not long, and drops you off about a block and a half south of the Hyatt Regency (which is across the street from the Phoenix Convention Center)..

David, Thank you orienting me (and the rest of us).  It has been long enough since I have been to Phoenix that I forgot the segment of the journey between the terminal and the Light Rail Station. It's all coming together now. Nick

Nice map, Dick. Thanks. My next question is probably stupid, but may I assume that from the orientation of the map, one would want to take a WEST bound train from the 3rd Street/Washington Station? Nick

Just an approximation. Once at the Metro Station, just look for the line upon which the  3rd St/Washington station stop is located.

Yes, Nick, the train would go west from the 44th St Metro Station to get to the 3rs St/Washington stop.  Walk west to the first corner, which will be 2nd Street.  Turn right and the hotel will be in view a short block north of you on the left.  Please let us know if there are any more questions.  We'll be glad to help you in any way we can.

Steve

I'll fix Jim's link:

https://www.skyharbor.com/

Also, last time I was in PHX (October/November last year), Terminal 3 was under construction, so be advised.  Traffic moves around the airport fairly well, but it gets a bit constricted around T3 and T4 (T4 due to the sheer numbers of flights from American and Southwest).

Alas, no travel for me this year.  Y'all have a great show!

Ralph

Thanks, Ralph.  Sorry you can't make it.  We'll miss seeing you.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Might anyone be able to add costs of the several options?   Thx, Skip

Thank you for the info.  Anyone know what Uber or Lyft charges?  And finally, cost of the train/tram?

The tram from the airport to the 44th Street station is free. According to the Light Rail website, it is $2 for a single trip from the 44th Street station to the 3rd Street & Washington station. Then it is about a one block walk north to the hotel.

Uber estimates anywhere from $15 to $50 depending on the size of vehicle you use (based on Uber Fare Estimate from Sky Harbor Airport to Hyatt Regency Downtown). 

Hope this helps and we will see you in August!

Mike

Edited by AZRhino