Quick Note About Pima Tour

After a quick glance at the Tours page on our website, I noticed that the way the Pima tour blurb is written, it is implied that you need an advance reservation and security check to go to the Pima museum.  What it really means (and this is being corrected immediately) is that these two things are only needed for the AMARG tour that is run from the Pima Air and Space Museum onto Davis Monthan Air Force Base.  My apologies for any misunderstanding this may have caused.  If you know of someone who decided not to do the Pima tour because of this, please let them know of the correct information. 

For those of you wondering if it’s worth the trip back to Pima, since you were just there in 2010, below is a list of aircraft of some of the 53 aircraft that have been added to the collection since then.  Some (noted with an asterisk) are not on display but are visible from museum grounds.  The remainder of the new acquisitions not shown here are undergoing restoration and aren’t available to the public.  It’s a growing collection, with many of the aircraft now located indoors in well-lit, well-air conditioned buildings and hangars.  Definitely worth the trip.

Aeritalia C-27A Spartan*

Beechcraft RC-12K Guardrail*

Beechcraft TC-12B Huron*

Beechcraft T-34C*

Bell OH-58D Kiowa Warrior

Bell P-39N Airacobra

Boeing 727-022*

Boeing 737-300

Boeing 787-8

Boeing-Vertol CH-46E*

Consolidated PBY-5A Catalina

Consolidated PB4Y-2 Privateer

Curtis F6C-4 Hawk

Curtiss P-40E Warhawk** (may be on display by August)

Dassault HU-25A Guardian

Dassault Mystere IV

De Havilland T35 Vampire

Douglas A-24B Banshee

Douglas C-9B Skytrain II

Douglas DC-10-10

English Electric Lightning Mk.53

Fouga CM-170 Magister

General Dynamics F-16A Fighting Falcon

Grumman EA-6B Prowler

Hawker Siddeley GR.3 Harrier

Hawker Siddeley TAV-8A Harrier

Hawker Siddeley Kestrel

Ilyushin Il-2m Shturmovik*

Lockheed C-60 Lodestar

McDonnell FH-1 Phantom

McDonnell F2H-2P Banshee

McDonnell Douglas F/A-18A Hornet

Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-23MLD Flogger K

Mil Mi-24D Hind

Nakajima Ki-115 Tsurugi

NASA Mini-Sniffer II

North American F-86E Sabre

Sepecat GR.3 Jaguar

Sikorsky MH-53M Pave Low IV

Supermarine FR XIVe Spitfire

Westland AH.1 Gazelle

Westland AH.7 Lynx

Westland HMA.8 Lynx

* In storage but visible from museum grounds.

• 1 month later...

If anyone is interested in the AMARG tour you do have to sign up separately and get approved. First come first served.  There is an extra $10 fee.

i got my email response from them today and am now waiting to see if I will get a seat.