My name is Phil Peterson and I build models

philp

Been on here for years but got reset so count is low again, oh well.

I live in Kearns, Utah (Ootah) less than a mile from the Olympic Ice Skating Oval.

I build anything as long as it is 1/72nd scale, and a few other things. I like to compare the size of the F-16 with a B-17 with a Sherman with an E-Boat with a X-Wing, etc. Mainly aircraft, some armor, PT boats, Landing Craft, Sci Fi, figures, even a car or two (can't wait for the rereleases of the Tom Daniels cars Rommel's Rod, Tijuana Taxi, and Circus Wagon). Other scales get done usually in Sci Fi with the odd 48th plane or 35th vehicle.

Have really gotten bitten by the What If modeling bug. Had a couple on display at the SIG table at the OC Nats and hope to show a few more in Phoenix next year. Also the Mini-Master of Ceremonies for the Whiffies over at Whatifmodelers http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,23309.0.html.

You can see most of my builds here http://picasaweb.google.com/phil13/MyModels02 and here http://picasaweb.google.com/phil13/MyWhiffs.

Nice! I'm also an infrequent visitor to the Whiffer's Forums as well. I did a "What if?" Tirpitz once that I still have. Cool. Mayne I'll dust it off and fix it up and bring it to the Phoenix Nats if they have a What If SIG table.

Guest Bun E. Carlos

(can't wait for the rereleases of the Tom Daniels cars Rommel's Rod, Tijuana Taxi, and Circus Wagon).

Boy............those were fun. Phil, I wish you could have worked the RCHTA Show with me in the 90's.........The huge MONOGRAM/REVELL display area (yes, they were one at the time, but still seperate then) had brought in Big Daddy Roth (Rat Fink) and a couple of his Car's..........he was a very pleasant Man and past shortly after that.

(can't wait for the rereleases of the Tom Daniels cars Rommel's Rod, Tijuana Taxi, and Circus Wagon).

Boy............those were fun. Phil, I wish you could have worked the RCHTA Show with me in the 90's.........The huge MONOGRAM/REVELL display area (yes, they were one at the time, but still seperate then) had brought in Big Daddy Roth (Rat Fink) and a couple of his Car's..........he was a very pleasant Man and past shortly after that.

Jack,

I would have loved to work the RCHTA.

Actually emailed Tom a few times. Guess he lives here in Utah now (down south someplace).

You can check his site at www.tomdaniel.com .

Tell him I said hey.

Glad to know you Phil. Another fan of !/72!!! Way to go. Yes, it is fun comparing the various time frames and equipment.

Jack, surprising enough, I belirve I was at that RCHTA show. It was at Rosemont? Was visiting my daughter and her husband and took the time to pass through the event. As I remember, Big Daddy was kind of setting off to the side and was a lot quieter than I would have expected. I got his autograph and told him about dressing our oldest son as Rat Fink for Halloween one year.