Vindicator

Dick Montgomery

Real Life has kept me away from the workbench over the last 7 months, but more free time recently allowed me to finish the Accurate Mini kit of the Vindicator.

SB2U-1 Vindicator Accurate Miniatures 480200-left side.jpg

• Like 2

Looks good! And now that your model is built, Ginter has just released a very nice reference book on the Vindicator! Not that the AM kit needs much help...and it looks like you got the most from it too! Congrats on getting back to the bench!

GIL :cool:

Dick,

Really great build and an eye-catching beautiful color scheme to behold. Envy.. Envy.. Envy....... :-)

Hope to see you, and this Vindicator - maybe(?), in Nooga' next year. Can't make Phoenix but will be thinking of you all with fond memories.

Thanks for sharing and TAKE CARE,

Ralph

Thanks to all for the kind words. I have another Vinnie on the workbench at present, this one is the Dash -3 model.
Ralph, you'll be missed at Phoenix. As for Nooga', my better half is already looking at "things to see" and "places to eat".

Applause Applause !  That looks awesome. 

Terrific job on the canopy - they have always been my nemesis. 😉

Very nice yellow wing!  Was that oob or did you add anything?

How did you make your insulators for the aerial, as it looks like small springs almost.  They look great.

A fine job all around.

Bill

• 1 month later...
On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 10:45 AM, WildBill50 said:

Very nice yellow wing!  Was that oob or did you add anything?

How did you make your insulators for the aerial, as it looks like small springs almost.  They look great.

A fine job all around.

Bill

Sorry for the delay in responding.... The insulators are cut from tubing (.005 diameter I think). This tubing is actually found in fishing gear departments of your local outdoor store.  Lots of hobby stores carry it also. One just needs to "thread" the EZ line or antenna material thru the tubing.

• 1 year later...

Beautifully done! I have that kit in the stash - any construction difficulties?