"Steve Canyon" Returning to US TV!

SkyKing

Modelers of a certain age will no doubt recall the 1950s TV series based on Milton Caniff's classic comic strip. Reruns of the series are coming back to television! For more details, see here:
http://stevecanyondvd.blogspot.com/2018 ... again.html
I highly recommend the DVDs of the series to anyone interested in the USAF of the late 1950s.
Note: I have no connection to the Milton Caniff Estate.

Edited by SkyKing
Minor correction.

Not to be a spoiled sport, but be careful doing that. As a kid (in the 60s) I just loved Gigantor. I remember running home from school to watch this super cool robot. Fast forward about 30 years, and I'm in a little rinky dink Dept. store in upstate NY, and what do I see? Every episode of Gigantor on 2 VHS tapes for like $4.99  I quickly buy it. I get home and and started watching. I was SO DISAPPOINTED!  The cartoon was laughable trash.  I ruined my childhood memory. From then on, anything I remember from a kid as far as tv, games etc... I just leave it in the good memories part of the brain. 😉

41 minutes ago, Roktman said:

Not to be a spoiled sport, but be careful doing that. As a kid (in the 60s) I just loved Gigantor. I remember running home from school to watch this super cool robot. Fast forward about 30 years, and I'm in a little rinky dink Dept. store in upstate NY, and what do I see? Every episode of Gigantor on 2 VHS tapes for like $4.99  I quickly buy it. I get home and and started watching. I was SO DISAPPOINTED!  The cartoon was laughable trash.  I ruined my childhood memory. From then on, anything I remember from a kid as far as tv, games etc... I just leave it in the good memories part of the brain. 😉

"Steve Canyon" was produced and filmed with the approval and support of the USAF, and while some of the plots may be a bit hokey, there's lots of great footage of USAF aircraft and missiles of the period.

• Like 1

I recall basic bits about four episodes that I have not seen since they first aired:

1. An Altas missile being transported by tractor-flatbed trailer gets stuck in a viaduct that is too low for the load height.

2. Base airmen returning to base after liberty in the town are repeatedly ambushed and beaten up by anonymous town locals.

3. On a parachute jump exercise from a C-124, one jumper's tether line does not release and the unconscious soldier is dangling behind and below the aircraft such that the plane can't land without the soldier hitting the ground and getting killed.  Naturally, the tether line itself is fraying against the edge of the open door frame and the soldier may be lost in that manner.

4. Steve is sent up in an armed fighter jet to investigate and possibly shoot down a B-47 bomber that is acting like the entire crew is unconscious or dead, and the bomber on autopilot will be heading for an eventual crash.

I'm amazed I still can remember this TV show.

Ed