2020 and beyond

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/6/2018 at 8:07 AM, dmorrissette said:

There will be a bid presentation in Phoenix Saturday AM for 2020 and 2021. Open to members too. Not sure who's bidding

I like sitting in on those meetings when I can. I find that part of the club interesting.

I have always enjoyed the Bid presentations, making my selection, and then hearing the winner announced at the Banquet. 😀 The suspense is fun!

• Like 1

Who/where is the "San Marco TX" club? There's no TX chapter listed under that name, nor does any of the TX chapters list a San Marcos as their home town....

The only "San" club seems to be IPMS Alamo Squadron in San Antonio.

GIL :cool:

SanMarcos is located midway between Austin, TX and SanAntonio.  Its location as a convention site for us makes economic sense.  It is a short drive to either of these cities and the museums/facilities they offer. Fredericksburg, TX  and the Museum of the Pacific War/Nimitz Museum is a short drive.  Houston (NASA, USS Texas) is a bit more.   The IPMS chapters in Texas have committed their assistance in putting on the show.

SanMarcos has an Embassy Suites based convention center,  for your better half there are several outlet malls nearby

Air access via either Austin/Bergstom airport or SanAntonio International

Edited by EFGrune
additional info

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has the 2019 gang announced a Chattanooga hotel as of yet?

Geo.

Edited by GeorgeC
correct error

George I'm not sure why the 2020 Nationals committee would announce a Chattanooga hotel.  They are having their Nationals in Texas. 

Can you clarify that question?

On 6/20/2018 at 5:57 AM, EFGrune said:

SanMarcos is located midway between Austin, TX and SanAntonio.  Its location as a convention site for us makes economic sense.  It is a short drive to either of these cities and the museums/facilities they offer. Fredericksburg, TX  and the Museum of the Pacific War/Nimitz Museum is a short drive.  Houston (NASA, USS Texas) is a bit more.   The IPMS chapters in Texas have committed their assistance in putting on the show.

SanMarcos has an Embassy Suites based convention center,  for your better half there are several outlet malls nearby

Air access via either Austin/Bergstom airport or SanAntonio International

Since you are just getting started, I am not sure what is there still, but I would like to see a tour of the Randolph, Kelly, Lackland complex.  I spent a lot of time there and would like to see it again. 

Edited by PeteJ

14 hours ago, GeorgeC said:

Has the 2020 gang announced a Chattanooga hotel as of yet?

Geo.

2019. And yes they have announced a hotel and I am sure the web site will be open soon. Not sure what hotel was noted

Dave

The convention hotel in Chattanooga is the Marriott.   There are several other hotel chains in the downtown area.  For the eclectic there is the Choo Choo where you can stay in old railroad sleeper cars