Shapeways

ju52junk

I have yet to use some 3D printer plastic that I purchased from Shapeways.   So 1/48 details for aircraft and some 1/350 details for US aircraft carrier hanger bays.  What type of glue would be recommended.  I do not thick the plastic is styrene?  So, CA glue should probably be used.  To those who are not aware of this site, Shapeways sells items produced on 3D printers.   The sites has all kinds of items for sale.  For example, when in the site, type 1/48 for the search.  Just bought this tonight.

image.png.a2b70a9d8a60763b8422d2aa8c6de244.png

• 2 weeks later...

I've used Shapeways parts etc... quite a few times. You're right it's not styrene and you will need epoxy or superglue.

The other thing I would recommend is to get the Ultra Detail or whatever it's called now, b/c the grow lines are very small and it's pretty smooth. Buying the lesser grade, the plastic is rough and gritty, and will take you a lot of sanding to get something smooth. IMHO the extra $$ spent is worth it when it saves me tedious sanding time.

6 hours ago, Roktman said:

I've used Shapeways parts etc... quite a few times. You're right it's not styrene and you will need epoxy or superglue.

The other thing I would recommend is to get the Ultra Detail or whatever it's called now, b/c the grow lines are very small and it's pretty smooth. Buying the lesser grade, the plastic is rough and gritty, and will take you a lot of sanding to get something smooth. IMHO the extra $$ spent is worth it when it saves me tedious sanding time.

Thanks for the tip.

• Like 1