BV 141 Build Part 1

ju52junk

Starting the build on the BV 141.  Got the assembly line fired up.  At the same time I am building the Hasegawa P-40E and the Tamiya IL2.  So many models to build, so little time.

The BV 141 Is a nice kit to build, few parts, no fit problems so far.  And all the clear parts were individually wrapped to prevent scratching.  I hate masking greenhouse canopies.  but Eduard makes it a lot easier with their canopy masks.   The interior for the cockpit calls out RLM66.  I think this grey is too dark(could be wrong, maybe the real aircraft used RLM66).  I will use RLM02 instead.  Also, I don't like the pilots seat that came with the kit(not very detailed), so I will use a resin seat(not sure which type yet).  I surprised the RLM even allowed a few to be made with this strange design.  One thing that still do not understand is how the tail gunner(not dorsal gunner) fired his gun?  The kit has a clear piece for the cockpit tail.  The is no opening for the tail gun, so did the tail gunner have to

open the glass to fire his gun?  I read some kit reviews and they said the right wing was warped because of the packaging.  My right wing looks okay.  As you can see on the kit box the wings are somewhat gull shaped.

image.png.b8d0d21b0d2a8400f86feb1fbb414e0b.png

image.png.a131d02fc016b5b63fce951a88484488.png

image.png.b8d0d21b0d2a8400f86feb1fbb414e0b.png

Edited by ju52junk