AutoWorld

ju52junk

How many remember ordering from Auto world?  This is where I first got my 1st 2 Tamiya models.  The Kublewagen and Schimmwagen.  Then I heard about the Squadron shop and then I got my mail order models there.  This was when Squadrom mail order was in Detroit, Michigan.

Edited by ju52junk

Auto World also produced decal sheets of race car sponsor logos with many different products represented.  This must have been before lawyers and licensing fees entered the picture.  I have several of these sheet from back in the day.  I have used some of the individual images, and the decals still work.

Ed

9 hours ago, ewahl said:

Auto World also produced decal sheets of race car sponsor logos with many different products represented.  This must have been before lawyers and licensing fees entered the picture.  I have several of these sheet from back in the day.  I have used some of the individual images, and the decals still work.

Ed

Surprised the decals are still good.  I have some aircraft decals from about 10 years ago and it hit or miss if the decals shatter.

• 1 month later...

Auto World, Scranton, PA!  Remember their thick annual catalogue full of all the latest kits and bits at he time along with tips on building and painting inside. I think I can remember a line from the catalogue "Who's Rich Morgan? Who cares? You might!'         OK! who was Rich Morgan then?