ipmsusa2

We are now at the penultimate installment.  With the exception in installing the radio wire and posting beauty shots, this Williams Bros 1/72 C-46A is finished and I'm exhausted!!

The nearly finished C-46A with all markings applied.  For this particular scheme/time period, the only underside marking is a national insignia on the underside of the starboard wing.  Though it's hard to see in this shot, due to being washed out by the camera strobes, the model still has a glossy finish from the markings being sealed with a final coat of Future.

IMGP8223.thumb.jpg.f16d2c7400ee34ec85b230b7c64d3090.jpg

With the flat coat on and the window masking stripped, the C-46 is almost ready for the showcase.  It's been a long and winding road for a very challenging kit, but the end result is very satisfying.  And, as I said in the beginning, it's the only game in town if you're looking to add a 1/72nd scale Commando to your collection.  So buy a kit along with the aftermarket parts and have at it.

IMGP8229.thumb.JPG.ac212723db193f2057319131f5304aa5.JPG

The landing light holes are filled with Gator's Grip Acrylic Hobby Glue.  When it dries, a clear landing light lens will be the result.  Nearly.

IMGP8120.thumb.jpg.fc00155ef2f00f3e2809d7e5255eae02.jpg

After the Gator's Grip dried, I added a top coat of Future (PFM) to function as a final lens.  By the way, this is a very close shot that makes the black deice boots look rough and grainy instead of its actual appearance.

IMGP8227-2.thumb.jpg.ce9e8fbfa686956a2a66f75dd5abd133.jpg

Beautiful job! My commendations on a masterful build. I completed one of these some time ago only I built mine OB. Yours far outshines mine, but I'm thrilled to have one of these in my collection.

Congrats on a brilliantly built model!

Duh...boot scuffing dirt...gee, thanks, Mark!  Glad you enjoyed the build.  Now to see what my client thinks when he gets the model.  Beauty shots coming in the next and last installment and the e-book will be available shortly thereafter.

• Like 1