1/48 Revell F-15E Strike Eagle

Wolfman63

Working on the Revell F-15E Strike Eagle kit. This is my first build for my new website ( https://davidsscalemodels.com/ ). Using the Eduard cockpit detail kit, Quick Boost ejection seats, and the Ares resin Turkey Feather exhaust.

The cockpit is looking good. I had to add a spacer under the resin seats to raise them to the proper height.

dsc039751.jpg?w=700&h=

dsc039791.jpg?w=700&h=

The Ares resin exhaust cans are built and detailed.
dsc03989.jpg

dsc03995.jpg

dsc03999.jpg

1 hour ago, Wolfman63 said:

Working on the Revell F-15E Strike Eagle kit. This is my first build for my new website ( https://davidsscalemodels.com/ ). Using the Eduard cockpit detail kit, Quick Boost ejection seats, and the Ares resin Turkey Feather exhaust.

The cockpit is looking good. I had to add a spacer under the resin seats to raise them to the proper height.

dsc039751.jpg?w=700&h=

dsc039791.jpg?w=700&h=

The Ares resin exhaust cans are built and detailed.
dsc03989.jpg

dsc03995.jpg

dsc03999.jpg

Nice job on the cockpit and exhausts.  PE or decals for the instrument panel displays?

Sorry for asking.  I see you metioned using PE.

6 hours ago, ju52junk said:

Sorry for asking.  I see you metioned using PE.

Yes, The cockpit dashboards, side panels, foot pedals, and ejection handles are the Eduard PE. There is also PE in the same set for the landing gear, canopy, and Missiles.

Most impressive! You've done a superb job on this model.

I did notice that the tail decal seems to be silvered. Don't know of that is the camera or not though, so disregard if incorrect.

Keep up the excellent work!

14 hours ago, Mark Deliduka said:

Most impressive! You've done a superb job on this model.

I did notice that the tail decal seems to be silvered. Don't know of that is the camera or not though, so disregard if incorrect.

Keep up the excellent work!

The decals did silver a bit. I bought this kit used at a swap sale and used the original decals. They were a little difficult to use due to age and they are a thick film. I should have bought a fresh quality aftermarket set.

Good to know. I also try to use the kit decals, but there are times when an aftermarket set is far better. Still, this is one impressive model. Keep up the excellent work!