Water Paint

ju52junk

IRecently got some tubes of water paint.  I am going to use the water paint to make a wash for NMF.  What is the ratio of water paint/water/detergent to make the wash?   Thanks.

You'll need to experiment a bit, but in general the ratio's I've seen start at 80% water to 20% "paint", and then no more than 1-3 drops of liquid dish washing detergent. Start there, try it on some scrap model parts and see how it works. If it's seems too sludgy, add more water. If it seems too thin and doesn't leave enough color, squeeze a little more paint into the mixture. The soap is supposed to help break surface tension and help it flow easier, as well as allow it to wipe off easier.

GIL :cool:

7 hours ago, ghodges said:

You'll need to experiment a bit, but in general the ratio's I've seen start at 80% water to 20% "paint", and then no more than 1-3 drops of liquid dish washing detergent. Start there, try it on some scrap model parts and see how it works. If it's seems too sludgy, add more water. If it seems too thin and doesn't leave enough color, squeeze a little more paint into the mixture. The soap is supposed to help break surface tension and help it flow easier, as well as allow it to wipe off easier.

GIL :cool:

Thanks for the ratios.