Scale Model Index?

ipmsusa2

Looks like the domain name has not been renewed. Perhaps Tony just got tired of maintaining the site. That happens.

Wow. Yeah, that would have been awesome if someone had picked that up and kept it going. A website database like that  almost looks like something IPMS should do, considering how much of a broad spectrum of modeling that our organization covers. It sure fits in with our "By Modelers...For Modelers" statement.

If it weren't such a small scale armor-centric site, I'd suggest that IPMS offer to do the same for Henk of Holland's site on small scale armor and vehicles. So far he is still maintaining it, but with him being in his 70's, I don't know how much longer that would be.

I doubt there'll ever be anything to approach what Tony Matelliano did with Scale Model Index.  And considering the wide range of garage manufacturers and special interest publications that were listed on there, I suspect there's a lot of people going to be hurting.  I know I am.

Dave, he was still functioning as recently as 2015.  I know because I paid for an ad on his home page promoting my How To Make Your Own Decals ebook.  So if he went down, it was 2016 or later.  Incidentally, there are a number of Tony or Anthony Matelliano listing in the northeast, particularly around Buffalo, New York.  There's also at least one obit, but no way to know if that was the one who ran Scale Model Index.