P-3C

Cobradriver140

Hello everyone!  I’m a new member and just want to say hello to all and introduce myself.  I’m a passionate modeler who had left the hobby for the most part while serving 6 years in the Marine Corps infantry & 8 years flying various helicopters for the Army.   I’m back into now and primarily build aircraft but enjoy playing around with armor also. 

When I look at the level of work out there I’m humbled!  So many of you do such crazy fine work!  I truly enjoy being able to see so many works of art.  

My most recent build is this 1/72 Hasegawa P-3C Orion.  I built it for fellow Veteran and retired Naval Officer who flew them.  I added a ton of after market details to include Eduard photo etch  cockpit, bomb bay, wheel wells, exterior and weapon sets, a CMR72-DS03 detail kit for the added extended flaps, and custom decals to name a few.  

Thanks again for the add and I look forward to being active with all of you on this forum.

TJ

70AC38FC-AD48-4614-99EA-55C4C62646FC.jpeg

94FCA252-C4B4-4472-AC33-9C50133CA677.jpeg

Excellent job on the P-3C.  Welcome back to the hobby.  When I finished Navy bootcamp my 1st 3 choices was to be attached to a P-3C squadron.  This wish was in vain.  I ended up serving with an A-7E squadron  VA-12 , the flying Ubangis.

Welcome back to the hobby & IPMS.  I was assigned to VP-30 at NATC Pax River, MD for just over 2 years in the late 60's.  Don't think I ever saw 1 armed like yours.  Very nice work.  I have 1 in my stash to build with markings for the Pro's Nest.

Wow! Nothing like starting off with a bang! That's a very nice looking model and a top-notch presentation to boot. No need to feel too humbled as you appear to be right there with the rest of us.

Glad to have you here and looking forward to more posts of your models!

GIL :cool:

On 3/17/2018 at 10:53 AM, ipmsusa2 said:

First of all, welcome!  As for your P-3C, it is absolutely outstanding. Still figuring out this forum so bear with me if I’m not replying in a timely manner or not in the correct post!  Thanks again!

Thank you for your compliments and welcome back!  

Edited by Cobradriver140

On 3/17/2018 at 12:18 PM, ju52junk said:

Excellent job on the P-3C.  Welcome back to the hobby.  When I finished Navy bootcamp my 1st 3 choices was to be attached to a P-3C squadron.  This wish was in vain.  I ended up serving with an A-7E squadron  VA-12 , the flying Ubangis.

Thanks!  I built a bunch of A-7s years ago.  I have one up in my closet as we speak!  Looking forward to starting that one one day!

On 3/17/2018 at 4:46 PM, nmertes said:

Welcome back to the hobby & IPMS.  I was assigned to VP-30 at NATC Pax River, MD for just over 2 years in the late 60's.  Don't think I ever saw 1 armed like yours.  Very nice work.  I have 1 in my stash to build with markings for the Pro's Nest.

Thanks!  No, I haven’t seen one armed in such a way either, but I just thought he would enjoy seeing her armed to the teeth.  I did a ton of research and all weapons mounted in this build are those capable of being carried and on the associated hardpoints based on research.  The next one will probably only be carrying torpedos in the added bomb bay.

On 3/17/2018 at 7:12 PM, ghodges said:

Wow! Nothing like starting off with a bang! That's a very nice looking model and a top-notch presentation to boot. No need to feel too humbled as you appear to be right there with the rest of us.

Glad to have you here and looking forward to more posts of your models!

GIL :cool:

Thanks!  Working on a KC-135A now but still waiting on a back ordered Airwaves PE set for it.  The Brengun PE set should be shipping out shortly based on correspondence from the online based store in Great Britain.  I hate being on hold, but I can still get a start on the SAC metal landing gear and True Detail tires.  

1 hour ago, Cobradriver140 said:

Thanks!  I built a bunch of A-7s years ago.  I have one up in my closet as we speak!  Looking forward to starting that one one day!

I have the 1/48 Hasegawa A7-E in my stash, which has decals for VA--12 in the hi vis paint scheme circa 1970's (when I served).  Have been putting off build kit because the avionics bay are open.  I want to build the kit with bays closed, but I am sure the panels for bays will not fit well with the bays closed.  Wish me good luck.  Was any of your past A7 builds the 1/48 Hasegawa kit?  Also, thank-you for your service fellow vetern.