Scale Motorsport is closing

PeteJ

Just a heads up for all you automotive builder.  As many of you probably know Matthew Wells at Scale Motorsport has had the business for sale for a while.  So far no one has stepped up with a good offer.  So, he has decided to shut the business down.  He is selling off the stock and not reordering any, so if you have something that you would like but have put off buying it, now is the time to act.  He tells me that when something is gone, it is gone for good.

I sent in my last order to cover all the kits I currently have because I am sure that if I don't and I want it later, I will be stuck with stupid ebay prices.  

Matthew is a good friend and I expect to see him around contest so it is not the end of enjoying his company, but I will miss Scale Motorsport.  Top quality stuff.  Sorry to see it go. 

Too bad.  I checked out his web site and his products are truly great.  Hard to believe no one in the automotive modeling genre wants to open a cottage industry business with quality products like this.

Rusty White

1 hour ago, Rusty White said:

Too bad.  I checked out his web site and his products are truly great.  Hard to believe no one in the automotive modeling genre wants to open a cottage industry business with quality products like this.

Rusty White

There are plenty of garage businesses that do automotive but Matthew took it to a whole new level.  His stuff was absolutely top shelf, much like Model Factory Hiro.  He had a connection with Tamiya that other aftermarket suppliers just couldn't do.  He got pre production information in many cases and some may recall that he had a joint Tamiya/Scale Motorsport kit of the Porsche 956.  Tamiya did the plastic and Matthew did the photoetched, machined parts, carbon fiber decals and a detail DVD.  The kit had both the Tamiya and SMS logo went for about $125 if I recall right but try and find one now!  It is just too bad that he is shutting it down. 

I've 'known' Matt Wells for quite a long time - he was one of the earliest sponsors for F1M.com - and while I've only actually run into him a few times in real life, he's always been a great promoter of scale modeling, especially F1 models.

Scale Motorsport will be missed...

Eric

Archived