Hasagawa 1/48 F-8E Crusader

ghodges

After building the Monogram Crusader I still had a TON of F-8 aftermarket stuff as well as the Hasagawa kit on the shelf, so I decided to throw it together. This build has an Aires cockpit and Seamless Suckers intake added, as well as a Cobra Co. resin wing that allowed it to be raised and folded. I originally was going to do one of the Has. kit decal options, but they were troublesome. So, I found this scheme on an old Microscale sheet (#168) in my stash and switched to it. They worked perfectly despite their age.

100_7645.jpg

100_7650.jpg

100_7651.jpg

100_7654.jpg

100_7655.jpg

100_7648.jpg

3rd build of the year! Only 12 more to go to match 2017! Comments, critiques, and questions welcome!

GIL :cool:

Edited by ghodges
  • Like 1

Great job, Gil!  Nice scheme that looks great on the plane.

How was that folded wing from Cobra?  Any problems getting it all attached?

Bill

No problems to speak of. It fit's quite snugly onto the Has. fuselage. I did drill and pin all of the flaps (front and rear) for extra strength; but that's just because I know "me" and I'll be carelessly picking it up by the wing. By the way, the resin Cobra Wing is designed for the old Monogram kit. It only gives you the center section; requiring you use the outer wing tips from the Monogram/Revell kit (which are already separate). It does provide resin leading edge flaps for those tips (saw off kit leading edges and use resin "down" ones).

If you try to use it with the Hasgawa kit wing you'll have to perform surgery and cut off the wing tips from the Hasagawa one piece wing!

GIL :cool: