Looking for Revolutionary/Colonial Marine figures/busts

JohnRatzenberger

I got it in mind to build a US Marine figure from the Revolutionary War - none of this is my area of specialty.

54mm is the smallest and I would prefer bigger.

I did find 2 Art Girona 54mm figures which I have ordered.  I also found a 120mm of exactly what I wanted (round hat, brim up on side) from Minuteman Models but they appear to be out of business for several years.  And that's it.  I have a couple books here or due-in that may help me convert something else, but right now I know almost nothing about the era and subject.

Any help would be appreciated -- I have been trolling the web with various searches then working my way down the results, with little luck -- so it may be there aren't many out there.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks, Ed, but I'm looking at 1776.  Besides if I got them, then I'd HAVE TO get the Fighting Top.

On the bright side, the books that were delayed by the nor-easter have arrived and I now have several clear drawings and some descriptive text.  This should allow me to page back through AWI figures and see what might be close enough to modify.  I think the basic design/construction was similar, only differing in details and colors.

Still, any useful hints for base figures, etc, would be welcome.

John,

I looked for the figure you mentioned and the only thing that came up as minutemen models was a hobby store.  

• 4 weeks later...