Binding a couple of decades of Journals

ghodges

This is something that should be done every 20yrs or so whether you need to or not....:smiley2:

001_2.jpg

From Vol 7#1 through  Vol 29 #6.....the end of 1994 til 2017!  Ran out of the plastic 3-ring binder holders though....gotta go buy another 100 tomorrow! :dry:

I actually have every issue of the Update/Quarterly and the Journal since I joined in mid 1977 (plus a few earlier issues I've picked up here and there). Lots of IPMS club history there, and a lot of changes to our hobby over that last 40yrs...

GIL :cool:

Edited by ghodges

I had to mail order the plastic magazine holders as no office supply place in town carried enough! Finally finished getting them all bound last night...

001_3.jpg

That entire top shelf is nothing bu IPMS Updates, Quarterlies, and Journals...1977-1994 in the left half (with a few extra odd early editions, Nats pubs, etc.); while the three ring binders on the right are from '94 til 2017.

I wish we had the ability to cut and paste articles into a digital volume. Maybe some day in the future.

So You could put German armor articles into one, car articles into another, sci-fi, etc.

Back in the day (saying that a LOT now...) I used to record article references for the Updates and Quartely (and other mags) in a 3-ring binder. However, by the end of the 1980s, with the proliferation of In Action books and the introduction of Detail and Scale and the Ginter Naval Fighter series, I stopped writing them down. So there is no true index that I have, but I hope IPMSUSA does one some day....

This might sound like sacrilege to some but I had all my issues since I started in 1975 as well as some earlier issues I had picked up along the way.  Wife and I are planning on moving across the US and I sat down to pack them up.  As I started going thru them I realized that I had not looked at any of the old issues of Quarterly, Update or the Journal in at least 5 years.  Decided I didn't need to take the cross country if I wasn't using them, so I took them to my IPMS club and let anyone who wanted them have them.  Also doing the same thing with my old AMPS Boresight, MMiR and Fine Scale Modeler magazines I had.  Never really realize how much room they took up.

Eric

Understood Eric, which is why I also just off loaded 15+yrs of FSM magazine to a new member in our club. I still need to go through and "weed" out a lot more stuff to make a bit more room. However, the IPMS pubs have a sentimental value to me so I plan to keep them for the foreseeable future, even though I seldom thumb through them either.