Amanda Nelson

nursemandie

Hi guys,

Most of you know me as Mandie. I am living in Battle Creek, MI, down the road from Kalamazoo. I am prez of the Kalamazoo Scale Modelers, and vendor coordinator for our fall model show. Speaking of I have tables available for anyone interested.

I build a variety of things, and a variety of scales. If it can be painted pink, I'm interested. My favorite plane is hanging in the atrium of the Air Zoo.

I've only been building/collecting since 2000 when I was going through my divorce, I was married to a modeler and have a son who is a modeler. So recently I married Steve Nelson, who, you guessed it is a modeler. In my spare time I work as a nurse/medical records person for a long term care facility.

Looking forward to the Nats in Columbus, it will be our honeymoon.

Mandie

Glad to have ya here Mandie! Sounds like you have a match made in heaven, and as much fun as I KNOW you'll have in Columbus, DON'T try to compare those pics to your friend's honeymoon cruise pics! :smiley17: Hmmm....two modelers, building in tandem, just think of the "double your pleasure" glue sniffing possibilities....Cheers!

GIL :smiley16:

Hi Mandie. Thanks for posting your Modelers Bio. Two questions: 1. Since Air Zoo is miles away from Albuquerque, I'll never know whats hanging in the atrium. OK, so what's your favorite plane? 2. You build pink models. Ever built one of Shirley Muldowney's rails?

MuldowneyRail78.jpg

Model on, Sister of the Sprue. :smiley4:

Congratulations Mandie and happy to have you as part of our, Fraternity? I goes that doesn't really fit but it conveys the sentiment.

You'll have a blast at the nationals. See you in the forums.

Actually, my favorite plane is Sue Parrish's pink P40N. It's not the shade of desert pink either, it's a mary kay pink, complete with sexy red lips and eye lashes. No I have's built Shirley's car.

M

Hi Mandie. Congrats on your marriage and that is THE coolest honeymoon idea ever. Oh, a word of advice. Don't open new models together. The passion may get too great and the model may get smashed beyond recognition. :smiley2:

Actually, my favorite plane is Sue Parrish's pink P40N. It's not the shade of desert pink either, it's a mary kay pink, complete with sexy red lips and eye lashes. No I have's built Shirley's car.

M

OH NO....NOT PINK :P

Steve has his room and his glue and I have mine.LOL

Separate rooms AND separate glue? Wow....

Jodie and I share a room (and paint, but we have separate workbenches and glue), which is probably a good thing. We'd never find anything if we had a common bench!

Congrats on your nuptials. May you both be happy together for many years to come....

Ralph

PS--Jodie says hey, too!

Thanks Ralph, tell Jodie hello. Will we be seeing you guys in Columbus.

mandie

Well, probably not--Jodie has to be in the office to get ready for classes the following week, and I've been unemployed since March. We're waiting to see where 2011 will wind up, and we've yet to decide whether to head to Phoenix. It all depends on timing....

Y'all have fun.

Ralph

Mandie, good to know you more. It's also great to hear of a woman building models too. maybe someday we can meet. Meanwhile, I'd love to see pics of your work. Congrats on the wedding; the family that models together, stays together! LOL! See you around the Forums.

Welcome Mandie.

Thanks for posting your info - it's great to get to know folks better.

Although, I don't think that pink is a good color for military models... :smiley2:

It's also great to hear of a woman building models too. maybe someday we can meet. Meanwhile, I'd love to see pics of your work.

Mandie, you are going to have to send a photo of your 1/144 F4F Wildcat to the Forum or to the Members Gallery. It is a great job and the hand painted frames on the canopy are really great. Take my word for it, Mandie is a key member of our club and a good builder.

I suppose I should chime in here, although I'll post my own bio separately. I'm Steve, Mandie's husband. We actually met on a modeling forum back in 2002, and even though this year's Nats is our de facto honeymoon, we've actually been to six of the last seven Nats together.

Confession time..I have "borrowed" things from her workbench on occasion... :smiley2:

Steve Nelson

IPMS#30925

Mandie,

Lots of stuff looks good in Pink.

KamovKa-58Barbie.jpg

STA60001.jpg

SkeanDhuFGA-15.jpg

P1010926.JPG

This was my daughters first model.

All from the forum at www.whatifmodelers.com

phil, I love your daughter's pink model. I built a pink spit a few years ago. My ultimate goal is to build sue parish's pink p40n.

Steve, I know you borrow things from my bench, but I'm scared to go in your room and retrieve it.

Big congrats to you and Steve Mandie!! Hey my "new" wife of nearly 3 years name is Mandy!! :)

Make sure to stop by our vendor table and after spending your cash, show me the ring!! :)

Happy for you both!!

Mike Reeves