Blizzcon has snow and lots of models

True to its name, Blizzcon in Columbus, Ohio had snow falling in the afternoon. Hardly a blizzard as none of it stuck, but it was snow. We wound up with 622 entries, up quite a bit from the last few years and a full vendor's room. Don't know about photos as our regular photog was filling in for our regular guy who runs our silent auction. We also signed up 5 new national members using this program:

http://www.ipmsusa.org/member_services/membership_recruitment.shtml

Contact our office manager and she can send you some extra Journals to use for samples and brochures to hand out. Print off the forms and sign and sign them up at the show. If every show in the US recruited 3-5 members, imagine the spike in membership! All it takes is one guy sitting at a table for a few hours. Don't know how it could get any easier. 

Congrats on another super show Ron! Blizzcon has become an R-4 tradition thanks to the hard work the club has put into it over the last 35+yrs (WOW, that's a l-o-n-g tradition!). So glad to hear that things went so well and the weather cooperated!

We had Marie here at Jaxcon and from I heard she signed up 3-4 people for IPMS. I know the Journals that she and Mike put on the tables all disappeared!

Looking forward to seeing pics of your show!

GIL :cool:

From what I saw on the tables you had a lot of new builds. I got there late and only had time to make one pass through in contest area. One thing that I really liked was that people could watch the models being judged. I know you guys had no other choice but it let others see what goes on behind a closed door.