Two More Tanks from the Duke

Mark Deliduka

Just recently I was able to finish two more tanks this month. This first one is the Modelcollect T-80U main battle tank:

Russian_T-80U_Tank_I.jpg

Russian_T-80U_Tank_II.jpg

Russian_T-80U_Tank_III.jpg

The second one is the IBG Japanese Type 89 Late tank:

Japanese_Type_89_Late_I.jpg

Japanese_Type_89_Late_II.jpg

You can see I added the Japanese flag to the side. Hopefully no more confusion about this being a Japanese tank....

Here's an overhead shot to show more of the camouflage pattern:

Japanese_Type_89_Late_III.jpg

Yes, one of the hatches is missing. Someday when I find it I'll add it to this tank. Until then, I'm declaring this done.

Just for fun, here's a couple shots of this tank next to the Type 89 Early so you can see some of the differences:

Japanese_Type_89_Early_and_Late_I.jpg

Japanese_Type_89_Early_and_Late_II.jpg

Finally, a shot of these two with a no. 11 Exacto blade to show how small they are:

Japanese_Type_89_Early_and_Late_III.jpg

That's all for now. I also finished two aircraft, feel free to check them out in the Aircraft Forums. Thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

Dang, those ARE tiny! Love the camo work. Sorry to ask, but what's the purpose of those two "things" that stick out of the back of the Jap tank? They look like rams, but since they're on the back....Nice work Duke!

GIL :cool:

Thanks Gil! Yes, the Japanese tanks are very tiny indeed which made the track assembly a tricky proposition. The two spades on the back of the one were unditching spades, used like the rear spades on FT-17 tanks. They were supposed to help this tank traverse trenches and other holes in the ground.