Record JAXCON 2018 in the books!

I have to start by touting our club members for all of their hard work and dedication towards making Jaxcon the success we all enjoy! We set a new record of 120 entrants who put 583 entries on our tables! I'll have a link to pics of all the models later this week, but in the meantime, here are the BIG winners from Jaxcon 2018!

Best Gloss finish

016.jpg

Best Camo

015.jpg

Best NMF

014.jpg

Most Detailed (low boy Semi truck)

009.jpg

Best A/C

005.jpg

Best Armor

007.jpg

Best Automotive (1/43 scale!)

017.jpg

Best Nautical

010.jpg

Best Figure

011.jpg

Best Space/Sci-Fi

012.jpg

Best Diorama

013.jpg

Judges Grand Award winner

007.jpg

001.jpg

004.jpg

The crowds were great, the vendors area sold out, and 2 of our vendors actually sold out their tables (to other vendors there) before 10am! Hope you can join us for the fun next February for Jaxcon 2019!

GIL:cool:

Gil, had another great time at the event. Your club always puts on a fantastic show which is validated by the overall turnout. I had an excellent time, as has been the case in years past, and look forward to next year. 

In the meantime, here is a link to my album. I took about 500 photos. So far I have about 400 downloaded. Just a few more to go. 

http://public.fotki.com/1320wayne/model_shows/2018-model-shows/jaxcon-2018/

• Thanks 1

Awesome show!!! My first trip to Jaxcon but not my last. Gil and his gang put on a fantastic show and the vendors were awesome as well.  Lots of talent there!

Gil,

Congrats on a great show. Remember when there weren't even 400 models at the regionals we went to, never mind over 500! Good job Jacksonville. 

• Thanks 1

OMG!   I completely forgot February!  Can anyone contact me at tacomaipms@comcast.net and we can work a way to get me the pictures??

Posted the pictures from here.  Big thanks to Eric for getting the new gallery up and running!!!  Keep checking the gallery for new stuff.

http://gallery.ipmsusa3.org/index.php?/category/5548