Forum Update Soon?

It looks like I may need to update the Forum software soon.

We are seeing a lot of bogus account creation requests... I figure its because we're using an older version of the software.

When I do the update, it will be late in the evening as to not disrupt things. I may only be able to post an alert an hour or so before I disable login access...

Thanks,

Eric

• Like 1

I have done the upgrade to the Forums...  you will notice a number of changes.

First is you can now log in with either your display name or email address.

The theme is also different - I will need to do a little work on that...

If you have any issues, please let me know.

Eric

Which notification box do you mean? Or do you mean the announcement block?

Eric

12 minutes ago, ghodges said:

You REALLY need to do something about that stinkin' "notification" box that pops up EVERY time you click onto ANYTHING. How do you turn that little b*#736%rd off?

GIL :cool:

The little box that pops up in the upper left corner that asks "do you want to be notified"...no matter how many times you hit no it continues to pop up and ask you EVERY time you click onto anything. THAT is VERY annoying!

Can you take a screen shot because I have never seen this pop up.

Is anyone else seeing it?

Thanks,

Eric

15 minutes ago, ghodges said:

The little box that pops up in the upper left corner that asks "do you want to be notified"...no matter how many times you hit no it continues to pop up and ask you EVERY time you click onto anything. THAT is VERY annoying!

Try going to this page and editing the settings >> https://forum.ipmsusa3.org/index.php?/notifications/options/

I think this system has changed and there was one option that users could not change that should be editable.

Eric

28 minutes ago, ghodges said:

Might I suggest a "Preview" button be added so one can be sure the pictures he adds will load?  Also, what is the image limit per post? Before the update it was 25. I just want to know if that has remained the same.

Thanks Eric! You've done a magnificent job making this transition smooth.