Can anyone identify the type of vehicle in this photo?

The body shape makes me think Divco. Notice the right cargo door is smooth on the inside, like an insulated van would be. Was T. Myrvik in the dairy or grocery business in Namsos? The van has apparently been pressed into military service, or Norway had some very well armed gangsters. Every picture tells a story, but sometimes we can only guess at it. An old Namsos phone book might help.

• Like 1

The body shape makes me think Divco. Notice the right cargo door is smooth on the inside, like an insulated van would be. Was T. Myrvik in the dairy or grocery business in Namsos? The van has apparently been pressed into military service, or Norway had some very well armed gangsters. Every picture tells a story, but sometimes we can only guess at it. An old Namsos phone book might help.

Yes, the vehicle was commandeered by the British during the ill-fated Norway campaign. Trying to figure out the make, year and type.

Nearest vehicle manufacturing country to Norway is Sweden.

Try Volvo or Saab. Don't know of any other nearby manufacturers.

Could be an import from France or Germany.

Looking at the van body style it may have been a pre war American Import.

I believe that Heller made a couple of vintage van kits in 1/24th scale.

This may be a long shot, but how about asking a Norwegian? You could try posting this on the IPMS/Norway Forum at:

https://www.ipmsnorge.org/forum/index.php

Great idea Ron. Didn't know they had a forum.