Question

TGarthConnelly

Hi All,

Hey, back in 1992, after THE HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER came out ... my brother bought and built the Revell kit of the USS DALLAS (C'mon Big D, Fly!) ... But it was never painted or decaled. I still have the model, intact. Kyle Lord, who has recently built the Merit G-5, the Revell 1:144 FLOWER Class Corvette plus a few airplanes for me, is going to paint it for me.

Does anyone here remember if that was a 1:700 kit (I seem to remember that scale being on the box)? And, if so, do any of you have those decals, or 1:700 decals for a 688 LOS ANGELES Class fast attack sub that you're not going to use that I can buy off ya?

Thanks,

Tim

The Revell kit is 1/400 scale.I could not locate any decals for the Dallas or Los Angeles class. However, The basic markings are the draft markings and the numbers. . There are many decal companies that offer USN font white numbers. If I recall Microscale has a sheet of numbers in 4 different sizes. The draft markings can be painted on.

Check with Starfighter Decals, he has several generic decal shets that might be of use to you.