WW1 German biplane on this site's home page question

Jerryay

Well, maybe a few questions. Can anyone tell me what kit & scale that WW1 German biplane is on the home page? Is a build article with pictures available? Tip of the hat to the builder, great subject and excellent built/execution. The build inspired me to try a biplane kit (maybe).

Thanks,

Jerry A.

I took the pic, but really don't remember much. Its most like a Wingnut Wings Albatross... but no idea which one, but likely a D.V (a?).. 1/32 scale... I think the decals might be from Pheon >> https://www.pheondecals.com

Eric

It's not an Albatross....it's an LVG C.VI scout/observation plane. But, it is more than likely the Wingnut Wings 1/32 scale kit of it, though I don't know who built it. Beautiful model! I can see why you'd be inspired!

GIL :smiley16:

Edited by ghodges

Be careful of the Blue MAx 1/48 kit....Blue Max stuff is limited run, low pressure injection mold stuff that is a tough build if you're not experienced with that. On the other hand, The WNW kits are top notch and worth every penny they cost IF you can find someone willing to part with one....

GIL :smiley16:

Edited by ghodges

I echo what Gil said about Blue Max stuff, I had a 1/72nd kit of theirs and boy was that a rough build.

Thanks for the warning about the Blue Max kits. I have a few PCM 1/32 kits and the Macchi 202/205 kits almost sound like the Blue max kits to some degree, not shake & bake but just a bit "challenging"! I hope to make it to the Atlanta Con. next month and will hit the vendors tables for the WNW kit.

Jerry A.