Air Hose Adapter for Paasche 3/8" Female Coupling to 1/4" Male Coupling

aAzZ09

After 27 years my old air compressor finally bit the dust around two weeks ago. I'm looking for a new adapter since my old hose is a 3/8" female coupling which will not fit the new air compressor's 1/4" male fitting. I have been searching all the local hardware stores and the web with no luck so far. Any suggestions? This really shouldn't be a big deal, but I am trying to finish my Monogram F-80.

Many thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark,

As far as I know, most of the newer compressors have a 1/8" BSP male fitting, and the Paasche hose has a 1/4" BSP female. Your airbrush itself, if its like my Paasche H model, should have an 1/8" BSP male fitting on it. What I ended up doing with mine was to put the old Paasche hose in storage and get a Master Airbrush quick disconnect fitting for the airbrush:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001MKGOUM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Then you just get a new airbrush hose with 1/8" BSP female fittings on both ends. Having a quick disconnect mounted directly to the airbrush is pretty awesome...you'll wonder how you ever got along without it.

Eagle

Many thanks, Eagle and Pete. I'll look them up.

Happy Modeling,

Mark

Many thanks, Eagle and Pete. I'll look them up.

Happy Modeling,

Mark

Just a follow up, I was in Coast on Friday to pick up some fittings for my Paasche air eraser. Took the staff about 5 minutes to hook me up with a quick release for both ends of the Paasche hose and get it connected to my Tamiya/Iwata hose. I wanted a much longer hose so I could use this thing as far away as possible from any painting that I am doing!

Thanks for the additional information Pete.

Mark