Brian Miller

bmill245

Hey, guys. My name is Brian Miller. I'm 25 and I live in Selinsgrove, PA. I build 1/700 scale ships. Why ships you may ask? Honestly I don't know. I always loved to watch naval movies, I did my senior project in high school on ships, and apparently my favorite toy as a baby was a little boat. I've only started building models about 8 months ago after my xbox died. I can't believe I wasted my time on that thing. I'm basically working through the cheap plastic ships (KGV, Tirpitz, Graf Spee, etc.). I try to do one a month, but.... well you guys know how it goes. I'm looking forward to chatting with you guys and maybe meeting a few of you at a show. Thanks for your time. Brian M.

Hello Brian, great to have you here in the nut house with the rest of us! I haven't built a ship since I was a kid, but I bought one last year and I'm still trying to get up the nerve to start it. I also know what you mean about the "one a month" goal.....still, sounds like you're having fun and that (to me) is the victory! Cheers!

GIL :smiley16:

Hello Brian,

- Welcome to the Society and the DF. As long as YOU are enjoying yourself, that's what counts. And if you find yourself in a pickle on how to do something, (like better decal application, dry brushing, washes, etc.), the group here has plenty of experienced modelers that are more than willing to help out. We all hope that you get all that you are looking for out of the hobby and this site. Model on, Brother of the Sprue. :smiley20:

Hi Brian! Welcome to the Forums and to IPMS USA. I am glad to see another ship builder here and hope to see pics of your work. I love building ships as well.

Hi Brian..........at one time I had the entire Japanese Navy in the basement!! Go gettum Tiger!

Waqy to go Jack! I believe I have about 90% of the Japanese Navy on my shelves now! Yeah, I know how it is!

Welcome to the forum Brian!

I too had quite a 1/700 IJN Navy at one point in the past. Not up to contest standards, but it looked nice in a display case.