The Duke's Final Model for 2017

Finally, I am able to close out 2017 with my last model for the year. This is my Roden 1/72 scale Opel Ludwig Areo bus that is the last bus I needed to complete the entire line of 1/72 scale buses offered by Roden. The Ludwig Areo came out in 1932 as a touring bus for those tourists who wished to ride in style. Later, some of these were inducted into the Lufwaffe as pilot and staff transport buses. I finished my version of the Luftwaffe bus some months back.

Here is the civilian version of the Ludwig Areo bus:

German_Opel_Ludwig_Areo_Bus_I.jpg

German_Opel_Ludwig_Areo_Bus_II.jpg

And as I mentioned, that completes my entire collection of 1/72 scale Roden buses; until they come out with another one....

Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

Nice work on a unique subject. You know, with just a little work and new paint job, that would make a great "Bat Bus", if there ever was such a thing.

Thanks guys for the great comments. I appreciate it!

Ron, that is a pretty cool idea; although I don't know what Batman would use a bus for. That would still be a cool "what if"!

Rob, I'm not sure why the fin. I think it was a 'fashion' piece; added in an attempt to make it look more futuristic since that seemed to be the common practice in those days to 'futurize' vehicles. The British Tatra car also had one, as did the German Strassenzepp bus, so both British and Germans added fins to their vehicles.