The Duke's Final Aircraft for 2017

Mark Deliduka

Here at the end of 2017, I managed to finish one final aircraft. It is very poorly done, but it is done. I built it out of the box...literally, only using what was in it. This is why the decals look so bad and the windows have dimples. Personally, I like this little bird, despite the issues.

Here is the ancient Airfix USAF Jetstream in 1/72 scale:

USAF_Jetstream_I.jpg

USAF_Jetstream_II.jpg

USAF_Jetstream_III.jpg

Someday I might get another one of these and do it up right with new windows and far better decals.

I know it is pretty crappy, but comments are still welcome. This was built as a practice for doing a white over bare metal finish on an aircraft.

Thanks for looking in, and once again; comments are welcome.

Ok, so it's no contest winner.....but then (I say) IF you only build to "contest standards" EVERY time; you open yourself up to a lot of pressure and disappointment whenever anything goes wrong. I like that you used it to practice something you can use on future efforts and completed it rather than trashing it (like many others might). I also agree; that's a sharp looking plane and will fill a great niche in your vast collection. Congrats!

GIL :smiley16:

Thanks Gil! Indeed I painted, stripped and re-painted this many times, as well as experimented with several gloss coats to see what laid down best. It was too nice a plane to not finish; besides, I hate throwing out models so I felt compelled to get it finished in a way. I'm glad I did; it does look good on my shelf.