Categories and rules...when?

With few exceptions, the categories are the same from one Nats to another. The exceptions are usually a few "specials" that the host can slip in. The same goes for the rules, which don't usually change except for a tweak here and there.

Is there any particular area in the rules that have you wondering, or where you're expecting some changes? Or are you wanting to know what special categories might be added so you can build for one of them? Outside of that, last year's categories and rules can give you a solid basis to go on.

GIL :smiley16:

With few exceptions, the categories are the same from one Nats to another. The exceptions are usually a few "specials" that the host can slip in. The same goes for the rules, which don't usually change except for a tweak here and there.

Is there any particular area in the rules that have you wondering, or where you're expecting some changes? Or are you wanting to know what special categories might be added so you can build for one of them? Outside of that, last year's categories and rules can give you a solid basis to go on.

GIL :smiley16:

Well special categories I would like to know, but what I am wondering is if OOB Aircraft will be divided into separate categories or all lumped together as one(I understand this varies from year to year).

• 2 weeks later...

These are being finalized as we "speak" and from what I've seen of the discussion, the ootb aircraft problem has been taken care of. However, I am NOT the official last word. They should be coming soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Categories come from the NCC, not the convention people. The National Contest Committee has the decision (except for the few allowed specials)

They are the ones processing the info

Dave

Well I came here and was told no later than new years, so I went there thinking perhaps they might be actually in the process of posting them. So a hosting chapter doesn't decide on what the special categories are for it's own show?

Yes- the hosting category decides on the 5-7 special categories and the NCC decides/modifies the remaining 150. They evaluate trends (like which categories get overfilled or under filled, etc.) and issue the total category list. Since the NCC is in control of the contest and the judging, it makes sense to set the categories

I think there is an email link for the NCC on the web site. Might be best to ask them directly

Dave