1/72 Mirage 2000N

1320Wayne

Haven't been here in forever. I think this is my first post in almost 4 years. I am primarily an automotive builder but have always loved military aircraft and the history behind the individual subjects. I do build aircraft from time to time and mainly stick to WWII era subjects but every once in a while I see something that sparks my interest and I pick it up, especially if it's a good bargain.

Many years ago I purchased an Aeromaster multi media kit of the Mirage 2000N in 1/72 scale. It came with a Heller kit along with resin cockpit and landing gear as well as photo-etch and Aeromaster decals. It was a good deal at a swap meet and looked like a pretty good challenge, especially for someone like myself that doesn't build aircraft all of the time.

I actually started this build over 7 years ago and got to a certain point in the build and set it aside. It has been sitting, collecting dust ever since. Well, finally I decided that it needed to be completed so two weeks ago I went back to it and here it is.

Also, mid build, I discovered Syhart decals and saw their Tiger Meet sheet for the Mirage and decided that it had to be done.

2017121317_04_30-vi.jpg

2017121317_04_08-vi.jpg

2017121317_03_44-vi.jpg

2017121317_03_19-vi.jpg

2017121317_02_52-vi.jpg

2017121317_02_27-vi.jpg

Stunning! That's one of the coolest looking and fiercest looking Mirages I've ever seen done. That's going to get a lot of attention wherever you take it. What a way to come back to the forums here....Congrats, and thanks for sharing!

GIL :smiley16:

Stunning! That's one of the coolest looking and fiercest looking Mirages I've ever seen done. That's going to get a lot of attention wherever you take it. What a way to come back to the forums here....Congrats, and thanks for sharing!

GIL :smiley16:

Thanks Gil. The past 5 years I've been out of sync with modeling on a consistent basis as I've been an OTR truck driver. Now I'm back home and able to get back to building on a regular basis and I can also get back to attending some shows from time to time. Next up will be getting back to Jaxcon every year. See you in February.

• Like 1